Premed 101 Forums

Federal Election 2019

Message added by Med0123

This discussion is getting heated.  We are all adults and I think this thread should be kept open, but I would ask everyone to take a step back, realize that this is a public forum and try to have a tempered and collegial discussion of the relevant healthcare topics associated with the federal elections. Thank you.

Message added by cleanup

The OP (Compton) has requested that I close the thread as he believes it has derailed from its original intention. Have a good night everyone and fingers crossed people have come away from the posts with something new learned or realized. Cheers. 

12 hours ago, Aang said:

Ugggh, hate being right sometimes...

https://globalnews.ca/news/5922861/justin-trudeau-brownface-video/

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/yearbook-photo-surfaces-of-trudeau-wearing-brownface-costume-in-2001/ar-AAHuYo5?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

People's Party of Canada Leader Maxime Bernier described Trudeau on Twitter as a "master of identity politics" whose party has been accusing others of being "white supremacists." "He definitely is the biggest hypocrite in the country."  

Wow....this may be the turning point of the election. 3 instances of Trudeau wearing blackface/brownface. Who knows what is still out there? Now imagine if this was Scheer or Jagmeet Singh doing something similar..would people just accept an apology? Scheer would be under a ridiculous amount of pressure to resign and Trudeau would be bashing the Conservatives non-stop. It'll be interesting to see how people react..his image on the world stage has been damaged quite significantly. 

Not sure how the Canadian media missed this for so long...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well thanks for calling a bunch of people on this forum "racist". If people don't support funding towards refugees or immigrants but rather have that money towards our veterans or infrastructure, its

Yea, again I was not saying whether or not I supported the conservatives. Which I do not. I am saying that people who are on the middle of the spectrum and swing between voting liberal or conservative

I am an immigration lawyer with the federal government, and a person of colour whose family came to Canada as refugees. For anonymity reasons, I cannot say more about my workplace. Though, I will say

Posted Images

4 hours ago, YesIcan55 said:

this is not going to change the views of Liberal voters...he is still leading by a large margin and set to win. 

I don't think Liberals will suddenly vote Conservative, but they may choose to stay at home on election day. Talked to a lot of disappointed people today.

14 hours ago, YesIcan55 said:

this is not going to change the views of Liberal voters...he is still leading by a large margin and set to win. 

Trudeau can literally do anything considered racist or illegal and yet you'll still support him stating "he apologized, he learned from it, move on". Yet, if a Conservative did anything remotely similar to this, you'd want him/her to resign, apologize, label the whole party as racist and full of hatred. The double standard that exists among liberal voters is very real..one set of rules for them, another for everyone else. 

On 9/19/2019 at 7:31 PM, YesIcan55 said:

If all it took for the liberal party to win an election is get all liberal supporters to vote for them, they would constantly be in power.  In reality, major political parties are trying to appease swing voters as they are the ones that determine election outcomes.  In the case of the liberal party it is swing voters from both the left and the right.  I can't see how a swing voter/undecided voter would vote liberal after the events of the last 3 days.

16 minutes ago, medisforme said:

If all it took for the liberal party to win an election is get all liberal supporters to vote for them, they would constantly be in power.  In reality, major political parties are trying to appease swing voters as they are the ones that determine election outcomes.  In the case of the liberal party it is swing voters from both the left and the right.  I can't see how a swing voter/undecided voter would vote liberal after the events of the last 3 days.

check the polls...not only is Trudeau projected to win, he is projected to win a majority government. 

18 minutes ago, YesIcan55 said:

check the polls...not only is Trudeau projected to win, he is projected to win a majority government. 

I just checked the polls (http://338canada.com/) & (https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/poll-tracker/canada/). Both show a decline in liberal support and they are out of majority territory. CPC are starting to rise and some ridings have gone from LPC likely to toss-ups with the CPC. 

23 minutes ago, YesIcan55 said:

it says that there is a 70% chance of Liberals winning...and a 48% chance of them getting a majority..

Since blackface/brownface broke, the Liberals have gone down from a projected seat count of 172 (forming a majority government) to 158 (as of today). Look at the graphs that show day-over-day polling (cbc). Liberal support is dropping and may not have enough time to recover like SNC-Lavalin

9 hours ago, YesIcan55 said:

it says that there is a 70% chance of Liberals winning...and a 48% chance of them getting a majority..

And just like that...in one day that has dropped to 60% of winning and 38% of getting a majority. Yes I agree that polls/media can't be fully trusted but the provincial elections in Manitoba, Alberta and Ontario were predicted correctly on the cbc poll tracker and other sources. So they can provide some input about projections and general attitude of the voting public

On 9/14/2019 at 10:39 AM, YesIcan55 said:

Scheer is disgusting....vote for Trudeau if you are a self-respecting immigrant/visible minority/supporter of LGBTQ/not a conservative racist. 

You're disgusting. 

On 9/19/2019 at 9:31 PM, YesIcan55 said:

The trend is towards Scheer and trudeau is not winning by any margin let alone a large one. Clearly your understanding of politics parallels your ignorance. And FYI, I'm also an immigrant :)

On 9/16/2019 at 9:41 PM, YesIcan55 said:

lol buddy its not just the "conservatives take on immigration" and "not voting liberal makes you bad".....the whole conservative party ideology on social issues / immigration / non-White people / LGBT is messed up. The type of people the conservative party attracts is like no other major party in Canada. Go to any alt-right rally, white-supremacy webpage online, hell go talk to the "average" conservative voter and see what they think of visible minorities/refugees and you will get all you need to know. As a brown Muslim immigrant (who has experienced a multitude of racism , discrimnation and prejudice in my life) I would never vote for a party where not only the party's ideologies but the members of my party have racist hateful negative views on "my people".

You know we have conservative brown muslim MPs/MPPs, right? That must really make your head spin. 

2 hours ago, medigeek said:

You know we have conservative brown muslim MPs/MPPs, right? That must really make your head spin. 

It does not. That does not mean anything when many conservative voters don't like them because they are brown/ Muslim. They won't ever truly be accepted because of their religon + skin colour. Go on some facebook pages of brown Conservative (Sikh) candidates with turbans and beards to see the hate from conservative voters themselves... that's like arguing that there are some hypothetical LGBT conservative MPs...very ironic when Scheer has publicly compared gay people to dogs on more than one occasion and has never apologized. 

20 hours ago, YesIcan55 said:

It does not. That does not mean anything when many conservative voters don't like them because they are brown/ Muslim. They won't ever truly be accepted because of their religon + skin colour. Go on some facebook pages of brown Conservative (Sikh) candidates with turbans and beards to see the hate from conservative voters themselves... that's like arguing that there are some hypothetical LGBT conservative MPs...very ironic when Scheer has publicly compared gay people to dogs on more than one occasion and has never apologized. 

You have so much hatred against conservative people that there is literally no point in discussing this with you. You realize there are brown people/minorities voting for, campaigning and running in ridings for Scheer and yet that drives you crazy. I've read your post history and recently all you do is label people on this forum as racist or money driven.

On 9/21/2019 at 1:05 PM, YesIcan55 said:

And also, check the polls to see that your beloved Trudeau is falling day by day and is below 38% of forming a majority government. Western Canada is looking like it will be a major conservative sweep (especially Alberta) and Ontario is shifting conservative despite Fords antics. Tells you how much blackface/brownface affected the liberals