Premed 101 Forums

Copy pasting text

Hi all, 

So I foolishly wrote all of my descriptions in a word document for editing purposes, and apparently, according to the help guide, I can't copy paste text for UBC's application because it screws up their word count or something (?). Have any past applicants copy pasted and been ok or do I have to suck it up and retype everything?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, aloeplant said:

Hi all, 

So I foolishly wrote all of my descriptions in a word document for editing purposes, and apparently, according to the help guide, I can't copy paste text for UBC's application because it screws up their word count or something (?). Have any past applicants copy pasted and been ok or do I have to suck it up and retype everything?

Thanks!

Word, and most other text editors, have embedded formatting, which is likely the problem. You could potentially try copying it all into a basic editor with no formatting features (you might have to download one, but Notepad on windows at least used to be a plain editor), and then see if the word count is accurate. 

8 hours ago, frenchpress said:

Word, and most other text editors, have embedded formatting, which is likely the problem. You could potentially try copying it all into a basic editor with no formatting features (you might have to download one, but Notepad on windows at least used to be a plain editor), and then see if the word count is accurate. 

This is what I did. Just copy paste from word into Notepad, and from Notepad into the application.