Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Deleted


Recommended Posts

Yeah mine just showed up as well. I got my worst year dropped despite still being in my 4th year of study, so it looks like they are still using the same wGPA system as last year and all of the speculations about changes and needing 4 full-years to get the wGPA were unfounded after all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2019 at 7:00 PM, zxcccxz said:

Yeah mine just showed up as well. I got my worst year dropped despite still being in my 4th year of study, so it looks like they are still using the same wGPA system as last year and all of the speculations about changes and needing 4 full-years to get the wGPA were unfounded after all.

Anyone know if they included graduate GPA this year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, spotsanddots said:

Couldn't find where they said anything about graduate GPA. Any extra points given to candidates with research-based Master's? 

According to the admissions website, it says that masters and PhD get extra points on their evaluation. Not necessarily additional GPA points. 
 

The registrar’s calculation is a little different than mine. Does anyone have info on how UofA convert grades from different universities?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, rinzler said:

According to the admissions website, it says that masters and PhD get extra points on their evaluation. Not necessarily additional GPA points. 
 

The registrar’s calculation is a little different than mine. Does anyone have info on how UofA convert grades from different universities?

Thanks. Just found this on the website: 

"All coursework completed as part of a thesis-based graduate program to which a grade and course weighting was assigned will be included in the calculation of cGPA"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, spotsanddots said:

Thanks. Just found this on the website: 

"All coursework completed as part of a thesis-based graduate program to which a grade and course weighting was assigned will be included in the calculation of cGPA"

This is what I was actually referring to:

 

"Graduate Students: 

All applicants are subject to the same application requirements.

Applicants who have obtained a Masters or PhD are eligible to receive additional points towards their rank score. For those nearing completion of their program who wish to have these points added to their score, please have your supervisor provide a letter as proof of successful completion once you have defended your thesis with no required revisions.

For those completing a Masters by coursework we will require a letter from your faculty indicating that you have completed the required coursework and have applied for and been approved to graduate."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...