Premed 101 Forums

Casper scoring question

aloeplant

Is it true that you DO NOT need to answer all 3 questions per scenario? You are only graded on what you respond to. So if you answer 2/3, you get marked only on those 2.

Could someone confirm this? Thanks!

fyi: this rumor doesn't seem logical to me, because if it were true, wouldn't the best strategy be to only answer 1 question per scenario/5mins?

19 minutes ago, CardiacArrhythmia said:

No that is not true. You need to answer all three questions, not answering one can affect scoring. Per scenario is reviewed on a hostile basis with all three questions.

How do you know this? Are you a marker for the Casper? If so, how are you allowed to share such details when the Casper company is pretty secretive about the whole scoring process?

Honestly curious, as I've come across this rumour as well.

11 minutes ago, conbrio said:

How do you know this? Are you a marker for the Casper? If so, how are you allowed to share such details when the Casper company is pretty secretive about the whole scoring process?

Honestly curious, as I've come across this rumour as well.

I’m not a marker personally, but many of my colleague are. The process for scoring isn’t secretive at all they’re pretty explicit about it on their webinars in previous years. And I had typo, I didn’t mean hostile but rather “holistic” basis. 

16 minutes ago, CardiacArrhythmia said:

I’m not a marker personally, but many of my colleague are. The process for scoring isn’t secretive at all they’re pretty explicit about it on their webinars in previous years. And I had typo, I didn’t mean hostile but rather “holistic” basis. 

Ah OK, thanks. So trying to make sense of this, am I in trouble if I ended up answering one of the 3 questions in detail and leaving the rest blank? More so than for example answering 1-2 sentences for all 3 questions, but didn't have time to have a nuanced answer for each. 

33 minutes ago, conbrio said:

Ah OK, thanks. So trying to make sense of this, am I in trouble if I ended up answering one of the 3 questions in detail and leaving the rest blank? More so than for example answering 1-2 sentences for all 3 questions, but didn't have time to have a nuanced answer for each. 

If you haven’t written the test yet: always answer every part of the question.

If you have written the test: there is no sense worrying. You can’t change how you performed and will never receive feedback on how you did. If you need to write the test again in the future, answer all of the questions. Until that time comes, don’t worry about it.

Previous marker here: you get one score for each scenario, ie we look at all three answers together. It is quite common that sometimes the last answer is empty or only has a few words - clear that they ran out of time. We have to use our judgment, ie if you had amazing responses to the first two questions, you won't automatically do terrible overall, and its not a straight 33% off or anything. I would always advise moving on to start the third question with 2 minutes left for the scenario and at least getting a sentance or two out before coming back to finish up question 1 or 2 to make sure that you have at least supplied an answer to all questions.