Premed 101 Forums

Need to talk about my dream and to have your advices please.

Marcan

(English is my second language, sorry for mistakes and syntax)

Hello to both of you !

It's been a few years I read this forum, without ever registering but tonight I decided to register because I need to have your opinion about my situation please.
 I am a second year student in B.Sc in Medical Biology at UQTR and my goal is to be admitted in medecine. I am a 25 year old first generation student. I studied
 in nursing before but after a long reflection, I decided to go on the project to become a doctor because that's really what I want deep inside me. Currently, I
 have accumulated 46 credits out of a total of 90 and I have a GPA of 4.09 out of 4.30. At the moment, I am doing courses in cell
 biology, biochemistry and physiology however, I noticed a huge drop in motivation since September and that's why I'm writing to you.
 Normally, I could study 40 hours a week without being demotivated and I was hard at work. However, lately it's not the same thing.
 I feel like I have a great loss of motivation, I have been studying a maximum of 15 hours a week since September, and I prefer to do
 nothing,to sleep or to play video game than to revise. I don’t have anyone who supports me in my projects, I am alone and I find it
 very difficult to motivate myself in the long run. For example, I applied in medicine at UdeS a week ago and when I told that to my
 brother, his duckling of energy drink seemed more important than the happy news I told him. In short, I wondered if you have any advice
 for me, so that I can find my motivation again. To give you an idea, I do not listen too much in class, I take mediocre notes compared
 to usual and I have 5 evaluations by November 6th. If I continue this way, I will simply destroy my academic record. And you, what do
 you do to stay motivated throughout your journey?
 Thank you for reading and for your help.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...