Premed 101 Forums

Anxious about Casper?

Does anyone have an idea of how well you need to perform on Casper to get an interview if you have a 3.89 cgpa and 128 cars?

I’ve been studying and practicing a lot but i feel that my answers still lack depth, and it just makes me really anxious that I’ll have to wait 2-3 months before getting any indication as to my actual performance.

thank you! 

Hey! I'm in the same boat as you and doing the CASPer in less than 4 hours! I think it might depend on your geographical status as well (OOP vs. IP). Being a long time lurker here, I can tell you your GPA and 128 CARS would be super competitive as an IP, and just make sure to not freak out too much during the CASPer, giving an honest answer and make sure to acknowledge multiple different perspectives and you'll be in a good place! It's hard to judge since we don't get our scores back but the CASPer is statistically scored (they mentioned that they give out scores in terms of z-score ranging from -3.00 to +3.00).

With that said, being an OOP, the bar I need to clear to get an interview invite would probs be so much higher ;))) I applied back in 2017 with a 3.94 GPA and 128 CARS as an 3rd year UG OOP and I thought I did well on CASPer (although in retrospect, I think my answers might have been a bit too rash and didn't acknowledge other alternatives sufficiently) and I didn't get an interview invite... I'm applying this year with 3.96 GPA and 130 CARS but still as an OOP (lol) so we'll see what happens.

But you've done so much at this stage already and you have worked so hard. Just don't let your nerves get the best of you, try to relax, and as I said, try to take a broad perspective on issues (they mentioned this in their official blog post on how to succeed with CASPer as well) and hopefully you'll be fine!!!

11 hours ago, DrOtter said:

Hey! I'm in the same boat as you and doing the CASPer in less than 4 hours! I think it might depend on your geographical status as well (OOP vs. IP). Being a long time lurker here, I can tell you your GPA and 128 CARS would be super competitive as an IP, and just make sure to not freak out too much during the CASPer, giving an honest answer and make sure to acknowledge multiple different perspectives and you'll be in a good place! It's hard to judge since we don't get our scores back but the CASPer is statistically scored (they mentioned that they give out scores in terms of z-score ranging from -3.00 to +3.00).

With that said, being an OOP, the bar I need to clear to get an interview invite would probs be so much higher ;))) I applied back in 2017 with a 3.94 GPA and 128 CARS as an 3rd year UG OOP and I thought I did well on CASPer (although in retrospect, I think my answers might have been a bit too rash and didn't acknowledge other alternatives sufficiently) and I didn't get an interview invite... I'm applying this year with 3.96 GPA and 130 CARS but still as an OOP (lol) so we'll see what happens.

But you've done so much at this stage already and you have worked so hard. Just don't let your nerves get the best of you, try to relax, and as I said, try to take a broad perspective on issues (they mentioned this in their official blog post on how to succeed with CASPer as well) and hopefully you'll be fine!!!

I did my Casper today too! And to be honest looking back, I don’t think I acknowledged the other perspectives enough. I also blanked out many times, so I’m really hoping my z-score won’t be too bad. I am IP thankfully, but I definitely was a bit rash with some answers.

But it seems that you’ve had a great improvement with your stats! And hopefully your 2nd time today felt a bit better :) I wish you the best in this cycle!

9 hours ago, ThisIsMe said:

I did my Casper today too! And to be honest looking back, I don’t think I acknowledged the other perspectives enough. I also blanked out many times, so I’m really hoping my z-score won’t be too bad. I am IP thankfully, but I definitely was a bit rash with some answers.

But it seems that you’ve had a great improvement with your stats! And hopefully your 2nd time today felt a bit better :) I wish you the best in this cycle!

Ah, I felt this way too yesterday. Some of the questions threw me off a bit and I ended up blanking out completely!

19 hours ago, ThisIsMe said:

lol I totally psyched myself beforehand but tried to calm myself down and do some brainstorming out loud while being presented with each scenario. I felt a lot better about it this time around but I still found myself writing only limited responses for the last questions for a couple of stations. Guess we'll all just have to wait til January now :lol: Best wishes to you too!