Premed 101 Forums

What are my chances for an interview invite?

On 11/9/2019 at 9:21 PM, DrOtter said:

Your CARS is great. But your GPA is just around Mac's admissions average. I'd say you still need to have done average to above average in CASPer to get an interview as an IP applicant. But honestly, with CASPer scores not being released, there's no way to know for sure. 

OP has an above average CARS and an average GPA when compared to the accepted applicants, not the interviewed applicants. They can be below average on CASPer and get an interview for sure as the interview pool will have lower average CARS and GPA scores

1 hour ago, burneraccount909 said:

OP has an above average CARS and an average GPA when compared to the accepted applicants, not the interviewed applicants. They can be below average on CASPer and get an interview for sure as the interview pool will have lower average CARS and GPA scores

I've often wondered if the accepted GPA/CARS/CASPer is noticeably higher among accepted applicants than among all applicants who applied. And if this is so (which it likely is), whether that can be attributed to the adcoms actively selecting for those individuals with better stats post-interview, or whether those with higher stats just do better on the interview.

34 minutes ago, Audemars said:

I've often wondered if the accepted GPA/CARS/CASPer is noticeably higher among accepted applicants than among all applicants who applied. And if this is so (which it likely is), whether that can be attributed to the adcoms actively selecting for those individuals with better stats post-interview, or whether those with higher stats just do better on the interview.

Well GPA and CARS account for 30% of your post interview score, so applicants with higher stats would more likely score higher overall post interview.