Premed 101 Forums

USA Fellowships, LMCC Only

There is a list floating around the interwebs that list all of the states and their qualifications necessary for licensing. However, it's about 5-7 years old.

I didn't know if anyone had an updated list of states you can work in with your LMCC only, no american boards/Step exams. There were not very many states in that group, if I recall.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 12:32 PM, bellejolie said:

Just reviving this - if the state accepts the LMCC exam for license (e.g. california, NY, Mass), do the schools there usually also accept LMCC equivalent?

In the US the specific hospital will take a much stronger role in credentialing than Canadians are used to.  In other words, it's up to the individual hospital. I'd say working with just the LMCC is more likely in the largest academic centers but not an option most places

On 2/16/2020 at 12:32 PM, bellejolie said:

Just reviving this - if the state accepts the LMCC exam for license (e.g. california, NY, Mass), do the schools there usually also accept LMCC equivalent?

It is hospital (and even program) specific.  I would suggest contacting programs directly.

• 7 months later...