Premed 101 Forums

UBC Pharmacy Applications 2019/2020 - Class of 2024

Sharron

Starting a new thread for UBC's Entry-to-Practice PharmD, since I don't think anyone has created one yet (Class of 2024!).

This is for those intending to start the PharmD program in September of 2020!

If anyone has any comments or questions, please post below!

I will start by saying: am I the only one surprised that the personal profile requirement was removed? When did this happen?

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, pharmdapplicant said:

I also applied and also thought that it was a mistake that the personal profile wasn't required..

I just paid for the supplemental application fee today but it didn't say i have to submit any documents. Is that the same for you guys?

yep, same for me! i was a little worried i did something wrong since it didn't ask for any additional documents aha

• 4 weeks later...

Hi every one.

Happy Holidays,

I am a UBC Pharmacy applicant and I have a question hoping some one here could help me with it.

So according to the Enter-To-Practice Pharm.D. webpage (the application timeline) as well as the email I received before, the "residency declaration forms" should have been sent out in December and are due on January 15th. However, I have not yet recived any email nor my SSC is updated regarding the declaration form. 

Has anyone received the declaration form or it is not out yet!

Thank you.

OMGOODNESS I literally wrote half a paragraph venting how I didn't receive the residency declaration form, then I looked up and realized that you also had the same problem, Pixiedust! Yes I am stressing b/c I never received the Residency Declaration form either. If we have to mail it ourselves I am worried about whether it will reach them in time. Hopefully they release it soon and it can be done online. Did you contact them? Did they say anything? I am thinking of emailing them. 

Also I am worried b/c my university isn't sending out my transcript until Jan 7th, and the deadline is Jan 15th! I hope it reaches them in time ;(

1 hour ago, Sharron said:

OMGOODNESS I literally wrote half a paragraph venting how I didn't receive the residency declaration form, then I looked up and realized that you also had the same problem, Pixiedust! Yes I am stressing b/c I never received the Residency Declaration form either. If we have to mail it ourselves I am worried about whether it will reach them in time. Hopefully they release it soon and it can be done online. Did you contact them? Did they say anything? I am thinking of emailing them. 

Also I am worried b/c my university isn't sending out my transcript until Jan 7th, and the deadline is Jan 15th! I hope it reaches them in time ;(

I tried to contact them through email, but apparently the admission office is closed until January 2nd. I will try to call them again when the office opens after the new year,!. 

About your transcripts, don't worry, it will probably get to the admission office on time, but I recommend you to contact the admission office and let them know of the transcript release date of your school. They are quite understanding and they might be able to extend the deadline for you if required (or at least they are aware of a possible delay which is not your fault).

14 hours ago, Pixiedust said:

I tried to contact them through email, but apparently the admission office is closed until January 2nd. I will try to call them again when the office opens after the new year,!. 

About your transcripts, don't worry, it will probably get to the admission office on time, but I recommend you to contact the admission office and let them know of the transcript release date of your school. They are quite understanding and they might be able to extend the deadline for you if required (or at least they are aware of a possible delay which is not your fault).

You guys don't have to worry about declaration form. i sent them email inquring about declaration for and they said the declaration form will be sent out in January.

Just now, avengers101 said:

In past years I heard if you are above a 75% combined average you have a high shot to get an interview

yeah but u kno there has been several significant changes in this year like people coming from underrepresented areas only need 70% to get an interview and 15% of the interview will be distributed to out of province student so they may require higher average for this year

Just now, good121 said:

yeah but u kno there has been several significant changes in this year like people coming from underrepresented areas only need 70% to get an interview and 15% of the interview will be distributed to out of province student so they may require higher average for this year

Thats true plus with the personal profile being gone. Fingers crossed tho

On 1/3/2020 at 12:22 PM, good121 said:

is the people coming from underrepresented areas needing 70% for an interview a new thing this year or has it always previously been like that? (just curious!)

2 hours ago, litty said:

is the people coming from underrepresented areas needing 70% for an interview a new thing this year or has it always previously been like that? (just curious!)

yes because i live in underrepresented area lol and this is third time applying for me. First time i applied i had average of 75% and i didn't receive interview, then 2nd time i received interview with average 80.5%. Then this year this underrepresented thing came up so.... this is new stuff and i think this is such a useless and unfair shit for everyone. Like i spent so much time to get good grades for first year prerequisites and now everyone around me can get interview if they have average over70%? WTF? 

32 minutes ago, kortocan said:

Did anybody receive the Residency Declaration Form?

I sent an email to UBC asking about it and they said I should've received it but I did not receive any emails about it.

??? i received email from UBC yesterday saying that they haven't sent it yet...