Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

On 3/20/2020 at 4:48 PM, PTProspective said:

Is the casper score really going to fully replace the MMI in terms of how it is weighted at uofa? I would think that a casper score worth 50% of your admissions score and more than your gpa would be highly unfair. I don't think it would be representative of the characteristics of those with a slow typing speed as well as considering other schools have never weighted it heavily and there is minimal research on its validity since it is fairly new.

They said they haven't decided the weighting of the CASPer yet, however it will likely be similar to their previous practice. So I guess it will still be worth quite a bit? Maybe they'll let us know once they've made a decision on weighting. 

Has anyone received a link to join McMaster’s remote MMI via Zoom? I received my confirmation email and have read the MMI interview instructions document carefully, but I can’t seem to find the link to actually join the interview anywhere within the email or the document . Will this be emailed on the day of the interview? 

15 minutes ago, OThopesdreams said:

Has anyone received a link to join McMaster’s remote MMI via Zoom? I received my confirmation email and have read the MMI interview instructions document carefully, but I can’t seem to find the link to actually join the interview anywhere within the email or the document . Will this be emailed on the day of the interview? 

I have not received the link yet either. I have emailed McMaster and am still waiting on a response. It would be nice to get an update as to what is going on. 

On 3/18/2020 at 6:50 AM, WhoKnows2020 said:

Have you checked your application? Im not sure if you applied through UCAS, but I applied to Brighton directly and did not receive notification of an offer. However, I checked my application directly and it stated I had an offer made on March 11!

I still haven’t received anything even though they said I would by mid March, I’m assuming they’re late because of the online transition they’re going through. When did you have to Brighton interview?

15 minutes ago, Othopeful13 said:

Anyone know when ubc are sending out emails for OT? Last year they sent it out ~1.5 weeks ago. 

Are you wondering about interviews or for acceptance? Interviews were held from the 11th-13th of March and acceptance emails are anticipated to go out within the 1st-2nd week of April :) 

1 hour ago, OTHOPEFUL101 said:

Are you wondering about interviews or for acceptance? Interviews were held from the 11th-13th of March and acceptance emails are anticipated to go out within the 1st-2nd week of April :) 

I meant acceptance! Okay thank you :) with the social isolation, it’s hard to keep my mind off of it 

hey y'all, 

I applied to PT at dal, and i am wondering if anybody emailed ptadmissions to see what their plan is with interviews. I seen on their website that they are cancelled, but i am curious if they will postpone them or make them online. This week is usually when they send out their invitations/rejections, so I am getting anxious. Hope everybody is enjoying their quarantine during this tough time.

19 hours ago, OTHOPEFUL101 said:

I completely understand, checking my emails hourly because I have nothing better to do haha!

Same here!! I recently emailed UBC to check of COVID was affecting their acceptance decision timeline and they said we can still expect to hear by the 2nd week of April, and also that the April 30th deadline for all courses in progress will be evaluated with respect to covid and how that is affecting final grades etc. 

In 2018, they found out March 28... so ive been holding a bit of hope to get an email sooner than mid april when maybe we get the official letter in the mail??

25 minutes ago, mjot said:

Same here!! I recently emailed UBC to check of COVID was affecting their acceptance decision timeline and they said we can still expect to hear by the 2nd week of April, and also that the April 30th deadline for all courses in progress will be evaluated with respect to covid and how that is affecting final grades etc. 

In 2018, they found out March 28... so ive been holding a bit of hope to get an email sooner than mid april when maybe we get the official letter in the mail??

Oh wow I hadn’t heard that! Well now I’m back to checking my emails every hour lol!