Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not OT, but here's my experience:  I took a year between high school and college to travel and volunteer, it remains one of the best decision I've ever made. I started post-secondary at a college

A bit off topic, but this forum post (the 2020 version) has over double the pages of the 2019 one. 

Hi Everyone! Last night I received MSc. OT acceptances from UofT, Queen's & McMaster. I've also been accepted to Western as well, but only for the combined OT/Ph.D program. After a lot of ref

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, PTHopeful2020 said:

Did they say anything about how they're going to weigh the GPA/Casper?

They haven't said anything besides to keep checking their website for updates (for PT admissions). Originally we were supposed to hear about interview decisions before the end of March. So who knows! I think I'll email Dal PT Admissions on Monday to see if I can get more info. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vp33 said:

They haven't said anything besides to keep checking their website for updates (for PT admissions). Originally we were supposed to hear about interview decisions before the end of March. So who knows! I think I'll email Dal PT Admissions on Monday to see if I can get more info. 

 

 

my friend emailed dal PT admissions today, so as soon as they get back to her, I will send an update on here!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PTHopeful2020 said:

Did they say anything about how they're going to weigh the GPA/Casper?

The FAQ section mentions that "Offers are based on the combined score of 25% interview and 75% GPA. Successful candidates will be notified by email during the months of May and June" (link), so GPA was already weighted a lot. Not sure what they'll do about everything else, but I've been told to check their website frequently for updates!

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jhall_88xc said:

The FAQ section mentions that "Offers are based on the combined score of 25% interview and 75% GPA. Successful candidates will be notified by email during the months of May and June" (link), so GPA was already weighted a lot. Not sure what they'll do about everything else, but I've been told to check their website frequently for updates!

So we won’t hear from them till May? The wait will kill me 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 10:26 AM, AspiringPT said:

Just received my CAP invite email for U of T PT!

Does anyone know how many ppl (approx.) are invited to write the CAP out of everyone that applies? I think there's usually 900 applicants and 100-110 spots, but I'm curious to know how many people make it to this stage. 

I read on their website that they typically invite 300-350 people to take the CAP test (basically the top third applicants)

Got my invite yesterday as well :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

update on dal:

in the email sent to my friend; they said the faculty members have been meeting to sort out the situation they are currently in regarding admissions. They don't think they are behind any other PT programs in making these decisions, and they will be posting updates on the website as soon as they make a decision. As of now, admissions to OT and PT are both at a stand still...

so they did not decide much really...which is super frustrating because they didn't even give a timeline on when to hear back; also did not mention anything about if they are getting rid of interview all together or using alternative methods. My questions are not answered and I am not satisfied lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...