Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

Hi there, current U of A OT student. Admissions should be releasing first round of admission decisions by end of today. If not today, then this week! They tend to let people know right around end of the work day from what I recall haha. Remember if you get waitlisted, you can email back and ask if you are in the upper or lower half of the waitlist! 

33 minutes ago, OThopefully said:

Hi there, current U of A OT student. Admissions should be releasing first round of admission decisions by end of today. If not today, then this week! They tend to let people know right around end of the work day from what I recall haha. Remember if you get waitlisted, you can email back and ask if you are in the upper or lower half of the waitlist! 

That is great info, thank you! I assume you have some insider info on when admissions are being decided because you're in the program?

I feel like UBC MPT is delaying alot of their decisions because of other universities, i just wish they could not leave students in the dark for so long after claiming they will make all the decisions by mid april. I feel sorry for those on the waiting list because you are gonna be waiting on it for a very long time probably until late May if these kinds of delays go on and it seems like it will since we don't have a vaccine yet

2 hours ago, UBCPTDream said:

I feel like UBC MPT is delaying alot of their decisions because of other universities, i just wish they could not leave students in the dark for so long after claiming they will make all the decisions by mid april. I feel sorry for those on the waiting list because you are gonna be waiting on it for a very long time probably until late May if these kinds of delays go on and it seems like it will since we don't have a vaccine yet

I was accepted into UBC PT and we have to pay a $300 non-refundable deposit before May 15th to secure our spot.  I feel like those accepted will likely make a decision before that date if this eases your mind.

3 minutes ago, PT2020! said:

I was accepted into UBC PT and we have to pay a $300 non-refundable deposit before May 15th to secure our spot.  I feel like those accepted will likely make a decision before that date if this eases your mind.

The issue with a may 15 deadline is that Ontario schools don't send out offers until May 29. So either accept UBC or risk it and wait for Ontario. They should extend the deadline

1 hour ago, natOT said:

I just got accepted into U of A OT! 

46 minutes ago, AllyRL said:

I got accepted today as well! Congratulations! 

25 minutes ago, OT Please Accept Me said:

Congrats everyone! I just got my acceptance to U of A OT too!

My sGPA was a 3.7 and I'm an in province applicant for anyone interested

Me too!!!! Congrats guys!!!!

39 minutes ago, klunksot said:

Wow congrats to the U of A OT applicants getting accepted! Did you receive acceptance under the @ualberta email or the email that you applied with for your application? What did your GPA and experience look like?

I got it sent to both my ualberta email and my personal email that I had as part of my contact info! My sGPA was 3.96 and cGPA was 3.84 ish. I did an honours thesis in psychology (and got a publication from it), and I work in disability services right now full time. 

45 minutes ago, Sarah31 said:

What did your email look like? I just got an email that said see attached PDF but there was no attachment...

That's very odd! I'd check your ualberta email and see if the attachment is there. If not, I'd reply and let them know. I just had a generic email saying "see attached PDF" like you.