Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

1 hour ago, IslandPTgal said:

Congrats everybody!

I have a friend who applied to OT and still has not heard anything from Dal, do you think they sent out all acceptances today, or do you think they will continue to do so tomorrow? 

I’m not sure! I hope they hear back soon, I would think that they should know their fate by tomorrow at least! 

3 hours ago, IslandPTgal said:

Congrats everybody!

I have a friend who applied to OT and still has not heard anything from Dal, do you think they sent out all acceptances today, or do you think they will continue to do so tomorrow? 

Is she in province or out of province applicant?

Hi, 

I have applied to Masters of PT Programs with Queens, Western, and Dal.  I know Western does their acceptances through their Student Center (which I of course have forgotten my login information and can't seem to figure out how to get it reset through their website), but does anyone know when Queens is sending out acceptances, or how they are?  I can see from this thread that Dal will be this week or next week, probably via email, but I have no idea with Queens and am getting nervous. 

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, PhysioTherapyApplications said:

Hi, 

I have applied to Masters of PT Programs with Queens, Western, and Dal.  I know Western does their acceptances through their Student Center (which I of course have forgotten my login information and can't seem to figure out how to get it reset through their website), but does anyone know when Queens is sending out acceptances, or how they are?  I can see from this thread that Dal will be this week or next week, probably via email, but I have no idea with Queens and am getting nervous. 

Thanks!

You'll get an ORPAS notification and then later a letter

1 hour ago, PhysioTherapyApplications said:

Hi, 

Thanks!

All Ontario PT and OT admissions are sent out on May 29th through ORPAS. 

17 hours ago, IslandPTgal said:

Congrats everybody!

I haven't heard anything either... anyone else?

1 hour ago, OT1996 said:

Hey guys I am planning on emailing Dal for all us OOP who didnt hear yet but before I do, I was wondering if anyone else has already?

I feel like all Dal OOP people could expect to hear back anytime this week or next. I don't know if they would be able to give you an exact day. 

14 minutes ago, FuturePT2020 said:

For those of you who have been accepted into DAL's OT program; did they mention anything about their current plan for delivering the curriculum with COVID-19?

This is what they said in the letter: 

"Please note, due to COVID‐19 and physical distancing protocols, the MSc(OT) program may start with

online course delivery in September 2020 with gradual return to in‐person courses when allowed."

And also that we would know more about course delivery in July. I'd imagine it will at least start out online.

58 minutes ago, NorthernPTapplicant said:

Anyone else nervous about doing OT or PT online if accepted? Wish they would let us defer.

Replying to this as I am sure a few applicants share the same thoughts: (I am a current PT 2 Student)

**assumption is made that people are worried about clinical hands on skills here**

- The universities will adapt the curriculums to front load topics that do not require hands on skills such as rules and regulations, ethics, research courses, anatomy lectures, education and exercise prescription and so on. What is currently going on (at least at my school) is we are learning material that we can online and once we are given the green light to return to some in person labs (right now projecting to be July once again this varies by school) we will cover the material that was more "hands on"

- I can confirm lots of material you learn in PT school does not require hands on work, in fact just recently we went a very long time in our clinical skills lab without even learning hands on skills (chronic pain education, how to incorporate mindfulness, exercise prescription for various conditions ect) and this was pre covid

I can imagine it is very stressful to potentially enter into a program virtually but I can assure you the schools won't just not teach you the material it will simply just be re structured, thus I highly encourage everyone to accept offers if they are fortunate to receive them!

If anyone has any follow up questions at all please PM me, happy to try and help ! 

1 hour ago, NorthernPTapplicant said:

Anyone else nervous about doing OT or PT online if accepted? Wish they would let us defer.

A big question for me is that, do we move to the location of the university we get accepted to in September? 

If we do move, we still might not have classes for another while. This would be relatively costly, depending on the location.

If we don't move, in person classes could resume quicker than anticipated, making it difficult to find a place to live. 

Regardless, it's likely we will miss orientation week and the entire experience of meeting everyone in your class at the start of the program :( (I'm getting extremely ahead of myself though because I haven't even heard back from any school yet:lol:)

2 minutes ago, FuturePT2020 said:

A big question for me is that, do we move to the location of the university we get accepted to in September? 

If we do move, we still might not have classes for another while. This would be relatively costly, depending on the location.

If we don't move, in person classes could resume quicker than anticipated, making it difficult to find a place to live. 

Regardless, it's likely we will miss orientation week and the entire experience of meeting everyone in your class at the start of the program :( (I'm getting extremely ahead of myself though because I haven't even heard back from any school yet:lol:)

Just wonder how you guys check status, is the attached pic the application portal?

346FE33B-A890-4F06-9C1C-7A2E614D6F6E.png

Has anyone had to do the English proficiency test for dalhousie or wasn’t sure if they needed to do it? I’m confused if only international students have to do it or if bilingual (french and english) people also have to do it. I’m wondering if the graduate faculty can refuse entry if not done