Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

3 hours ago, FuturePT2020 said:

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mcgill-and-concordia-universities-plan-to-move-most-classes-online-for-fall-term-1.4934383

Just read this article here that McGill is planning to move most classes to be online for the upcoming fall term. For the OOP applicants or the individuals that are not from the area, what is your plan for your living situation for the fall semester? Are you going to move for September or are you going to "stay home" in your current area and do the online material from there?

I feel many universities will follow this move and adopt this strategy. Also, for those of you that have been accepted to Manitoba, UBC, Alberta or other schools, what are your plans for the fall? I'm interested to see where everyone's head is at.

I am hoping to get into the Calgary campus for U of A OT, and if classes start online I will just wait to move to Calgary until classes are in-person again. It's easier for me to do this because I only live like 2.5 hours away from Calgary, so a move wouldn't be that far. For people who would have to come from farther away it might make sense to move for the start of school regardless? I dunno.

6 minutes ago, OTdal said:
8 minutes ago, Psyched4OTPT said:

people in the forum were curious)

Congrats!! OT or PT

Oh sorry should’ve clarified. It’s for Dal OT. I received my unofficial acceptance May 4th but just got the email today for the faculty of graduate studies with the firm acceptance and more info etc. (In province applicant)

Hi !

I am from quebec and I'm interested in the OT program at McGill. I did some research on occupational therapy, but I'm still unsure if it's suited to my personality. I am passionate about sciences and anything that has to do with taking care of the physical and mental state of people. Does anyone know people in this program and do you have any advice for me ? Thank you !

7 minutes ago, Lola9090 said:

Hi !

I am from quebec and I'm interested in the OT program at McGill. I did some research on occupational therapy, but I'm still unsure if it's suited to my personality. I am passionate about sciences and anything that has to do with taking care of the physical and mental state of people. Does anyone know people in this program and do you have any advice for me ? Thank you !

try volunteering in the hospital, you'll gain experience and you'll see if you like it!

1 hour ago, otns said:

I got an unofficial acceptance from dal OT on May 4th but haven’t gotten the official one yet! Anyone else in a similar situation? Does this mean I didn’t get in?

I also got an unofficial on May 4th but nothing today. I’m an NS applicant. Wondering if they are sending it out by last name as I’m at the very bottom of the alphabet. I can’t think of any reason FGS wouldn’t approve my acceptance...

21 minutes ago, OTHopes97 said:

I also got an unofficial on May 4th but nothing today. I’m an NS applicant. Wondering if they are sending it out by last name as I’m at the very bottom of the alphabet. I can’t think of any reason FGS wouldn’t approve my acceptance...

I’m also a NS applicant. My last name would be at the middle of the alphabet so it’s possible 

38 minutes ago, otns said:

I’m also a NS applicant. My last name would be at the middle of the alphabet so it’s possible 

1 hour ago, OTHopes97 said:

I'm also in the same situation! I'm from NL and received unofficial acceptance on the 4th, but nothing else yet. It could be alphabetic (I'm S), or possibly that they haven't received our official final transcripts for the past semester? Hoping we hear something VERY soon!!