Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not OT, but here's my experience:  I took a year between high school and college to travel and volunteer, it remains one of the best decision I've ever made. I started post-secondary at a college

A bit off topic, but this forum post (the 2020 version) has over double the pages of the 2019 one. 

Hi Everyone! Last night I received MSc. OT acceptances from UofT, Queen's & McMaster. I've also been accepted to Western as well, but only for the combined OT/Ph.D program. After a lot of ref

Posted Images

2 hours ago, OTmorgs39 said:

 

I'm also in the same situation! I'm from NL and received unofficial acceptance on the 4th, but nothing else yet. It could be alphabetic (I'm S), or possibly that they haven't received our official final transcripts for the past semester? Hoping we hear something VERY soon!!

Oh yes! I’m just finishing my undergrad this year - has everyone that already heard from FGS graduated before this year??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys! For those who got an interview, acceptance offers, and/or waitlist offers for UBC PT this year, would you mind telling me your Percent % gpa’s? I’m trying to determine if my gpa stands a chance for another application round or if I should just go to the UK for physio. It’s hard to determine what’s the general gist of gpa’s when it’s on a 4.0/4.3 scale so if you guys could say what your % gpa is, I would really really appreciate it!! :)  
 

(% gpa’s for recent 30 credits and pre-reqs since that’s what ubc looks at I believe)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PTbound07 said:

Hi guys! For those who got an interview, acceptance offers, and/or waitlist offers for UBC PT this year, would you mind telling me your Percent % gpa’s? I’m trying to determine if my gpa stands a chance for another application round or if I should just go to the UK for physio. It’s hard to determine what’s the general gist of gpa’s when it’s on a 4.0/4.3 scale so if you guys could say what your % gpa is, I would really really appreciate it!! :)  
 

(% gpa’s for recent 30 credits and pre-reqs since that’s what ubc looks at I believe)

If you don't mind me asking what other schools did you apply too/ what was your Orpas GPA as well :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone familiar with deferral policies at certain schools for PT (and how they might be impacted or altered due to COVID-19)? Specifically I'm wondering about Western, I've sent several emails over the past two weeks but haven't heard anything back, and haven't found anything in the FAQ or admissions resources that's helpful. I assume the policy in the past has been that no deferrals are granted, but would be interesting to see if changes are made with more and more schools announcing large changes to course delivery!

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jhall_88xc said:

Is anyone familiar with deferral policies at certain schools for PT (and how they might be impacted or altered due to COVID-19)? Specifically I'm wondering about Western, I've sent several emails over the past two weeks but haven't heard anything back, and haven't found anything in the FAQ or admissions resources that's helpful. I assume the policy in the past has been that no deferrals are granted, but would be interesting to see if changes are made with more and more schools announcing large changes to course delivery!

I'm interested in the deferral policies as well! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MP124 said:

Is anyone else still waiting for an update from McGill for OT QY? My application is still under review.  I know they said May/June, but some people have heard back already.  

Yes! I messaged them on the application portal yesterday and they said there are no delays and we will find out in May or June. Unbelievable!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MP124 said:

Is anyone else still waiting for an update from McGill for OT QY? My application is still under review.  I know they said May/June, but some people have heard back already.  

im still waiting too

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MP124 said:

Is anyone else still waiting for an update from McGill for OT QY? My application is still under review.  I know they said May/June, but some people have heard back already.  

I got a letter from McGill the first day of May. They said we have until the 15th to either accept or decline the offer. So i think they are waiting until the 15th to maybe send out more acceptance letters (this is just a thought!) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jhall_88xc said:

Is anyone familiar with deferral policies at certain schools for PT (and how they might be impacted or altered due to COVID-19)? Specifically I'm wondering about Western, I've sent several emails over the past two weeks but haven't heard anything back, and haven't found anything in the FAQ or admissions resources that's helpful. I assume the policy in the past has been that no deferrals are granted, but would be interesting to see if changes are made with more and more schools announcing large changes to course delivery!

 

6 hours ago, FuturePT2020 said:

I'm interested in the deferral policies as well! 

https://www.uwo.ca/coronavirus/presidents-updates/ This was posted today from Western's president.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 11:06 AM, newPT2020 said:

Hello guys, I'm a dal phyiso student currently in a modified summer term of our second year (our placements got pushed to november)

We have a "very important zoom meeting" this thursday in regards to accreditation, I believe. I'll get back to you since not knowing wtf is going on with this school (me too) is a constant theme.

Thanks

Let us know how the zoom meeting went.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...