Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

On 5/12/2020 at 12:06 PM, newPT2020 said:

Hello guys, I'm a dal phyiso student currently in a modified summer term of our second year (our placements got pushed to november)

We have a "very important zoom meeting" this thursday in regards to accreditation, I believe. I'll get back to you since not knowing wtf is going on with this school (me too) is a constant theme.

Thanks

Update:

Acceptance letters tomorrow for Dal Physio (good luck!)

Issues: Accreditation Probation - Dal did not meet one of the core criteria's

It'll be posted on their website and some other information on the PEAC website

2 years to fix the issue - if not solved will affect the incoming 2020 students.

Please consider your other options in education.

The incoming class of 2018 and 2019 saw numerous students fail.

6 minutes ago, newPT2020 said:

Update:

It'll be posted on their website and some other information on the PECA website

2 years to fix the issue - if not solved will affect the incoming 2020 students.

Hi, I applied for dal OT. Is it the same situation for OT?

6 minutes ago, newPT2020 said:

Update:

It'll be posted on their website and some other information on the PECA website

The incoming class of 2018 saw 13 students fail and incoming 2019 saw 6 additional students fail.

so tomorrow they will be sending out emails?? Because usually it would take an extra week for the letters to be received, right?? 

1 hour ago, newPT2020 said:

Update:

I honestly would not worry too much about accreditation as it expires for all schools. Last year I believe UBC and UOttawa went through it. It is very rare a university does not make the changes needed. I would argue Dal would have extra incentive to ensure their program is compliant because they are the only school on the coast. Furthermore I doubt Dals program will be much different from schools who went up for accreditation around the same time (Sask and Mcmaster up for accreditation again next year). 

21 minutes ago, XKIN2019 said:

I honestly would not worry too much about accreditation as it expires for all schools. Last year I believe UBC and UOttawa went through it. It is very rare a university does not make the changes needed. I would argue Dal would have extra incentive to ensure their program is compliant because they are the only school on the coast. Furthermore I doubt Dals program will be much different from schools who went up for accreditation around the same time (Sask and Mcmaster up for accreditation again next year). 

Queen's also just went through this, probationary status as of October 2018 that was fixed up to fully compliant as of the end of April this year (although it sounds like a few students found the process of taking classes while the problems were addressed to be challenging)

10 minutes ago, GBarr98 said:

Hi guys! 

I was wondering if anyone has heard back from Ottawa university OT/PT regarding interviews? I have heard from them in late April but only for a COVID-19 update. 

thanks! 

They don't have interviews this year. If you go on the uOttawa site on the FAQ page it says they don't. I think the 15th point on the FAQ says it here is the link! https://sante.uottawa.ca/readaptation/programmes/physiotherapie/foire-aux-questions-faq

4 hours ago, newPT2020 said:

Update:

Whoa, crazy! Seems like this will be a roller coaster.

2 hours ago, GBarr98 said:

Hi guys! 

I was wondering if anyone has heard back from Ottawa university OT/PT regarding interviews? I have heard from them in late April but only for a COVID-19 update. 

thanks! 

They were never going to do interviews this year! They switched to requiring CASPer and the expensive language test instead.