Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit off topic, but this forum post (the 2020 version) has over double the pages of the 2019 one. 

Not OT, but here's my experience:  I took a year between high school and college to travel and volunteer, it remains one of the best decision I've ever made. I started post-secondary at a college

Hi Everyone! Last night I received MSc. OT acceptances from UofT, Queen's & McMaster. I've also been accepted to Western as well, but only for the combined OT/Ph.D program. After a lot of ref

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, OT-UofT-PLS-2020 said:

Hey! do you mind sharing your Sgpa?

Thanks!

3.86. Also, I applied to another masters program as a backup if I didn't get into OT, and the same invited prompt showcased on acorn for me three days prior to my actual admittance email.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, camipt2020 said:

Hey there,

I see on my ACORN that it says invited. I think that means I got in. Anyone else?

I applied to PT and I'm not a UofT alumni.

 

Hey!! congrats!!! do you mind sharing your ORPAS sub gap and cumulative gpa? so others, including myself, can have an idea of where we may stand :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PT!!!! said:

Hey!! congrats!!! do you mind sharing your ORPAS sub gap and cumulative gpa? so others, including myself, can have an idea of where we may stand :) 

Of course.

My overall is 3.93 and sgpa 3.92

But, this is my second time applying and last year I didn't even get past casper, even with the same gpa.

I believe that this last year has helped me grow a lot, do some introspection on what I want and, in turn, how to get there. I read books (highly recommend Growth mindset by Dweck), got a job as a personal trainer, and volunteered at 2 hospitals. So, even though gpa is important, it only opens the door. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, camipt2020 said:

Of course.

My overall is 3.93 and sgpa 3.92

But, this is my second time applying and last year I didn't even get past casper, even with the same gpa.

I believe that this last year has helped me grow a lot, do some introspection on what I want and, in turn, how to get there. I read books (highly recommend Growth mindset by Dweck), got a job as a personal trainer, and volunteered at 2 hospitals. So, even though gpa is important, it only opens the door. 

Thats awesome! Great insight!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ot2020!! said:

Has anyone's ACORN who applied to OT at UofT updated yet? I have access to my ACORN account because I applied there for my bachelors and I recieved an email back then on how to activate my ACORN! 

I just activated by account using JOINid information UofT sent me 6 years ago. All it tells me is "You are not currently enrolled in any programs."

Did you (or anyone else) receive anything when you logged in? Not sure if I am looking in the right account or place. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ptmandem said:

Just to confirm for PT in Ontario, will we find out about decisions on May 29th at midnight (12:00am)?

Just asked ORPAS, I applied for OT, but they said it really depends on when the schools send in their offer files - they can start appearing as early as midnight but continue to appear throughout the day - so I guess any time on the 29th! Hope this helps 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PTapplicant. said:

I just activated by account using JOINid information UofT sent me 6 years ago. All it tells me is "You are not currently enrolled in any programs."

Did you (or anyone else) receive anything when you logged in? Not sure if I am looking in the right account or place. 

Hey, when I was activating my account I remember it asked for my ORPAS number? So I’m assuming it’s the right account. But I also have that message on my account! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PTapplicant. said:

I just activated by account using JOINid information UofT sent me 6 years ago. All it tells me is "You are not currently enrolled in any programs."

Did you (or anyone else) receive anything when you logged in? Not sure if I am looking in the right account or place. 

I tried activating my account from 5 years ago but for some reason it wont let me activate it. Did you apply for an undergraduate program back then? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ot2020!! said:

Hey, when I was activating my account I remember it asked for my ORPAS number? So I’m assuming it’s the right account. But I also have that message on my account! 

Hey, same! I'm guessing it's like Pls_OT_12 said- ACORN can be glitchy. Hopefully only some accounts were updated?

10 minutes ago, ptmandem said:

I tried activating my account from 5 years ago but for some reason it wont let me activate it. Did you apply for an undergraduate program back then? 

 Hey, yeah it was for undergrad. I had a few error messages too but eventually was able have it approved. I only have access to the ACORN platform.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, camipt2020 said:

Hey there,

I see on my ACORN that it says invited. I think that means I got in. Anyone else?

I applied to PT and I'm not a UofT alumni.

 

Hey,

Can you please send a screenshot of it? I have access to my ACORN because I applied to another program but I'm not sure where to find the status.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OT1996 said:

Hey,

Can you please send a screenshot of it? I have access to my ACORN because I applied to another program but I'm not sure where to find the status.

 

I don't feel comfortable with that.

I can tell you though that it's in the first page that comes up when you log in, the Dashboard, in the lower left part of the screen under Academics.

It says Degree Registration Status and under that, PT 2020-2021 Invited

Hope that helps.

As some people said, if you don't see it, don't worry. We don't really know how they're updating these things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, camipt2020 said:

I don't feel comfortable with that.

I can tell you though that it's in the first page that comes up when you log in, the Dashboard, in the lower left part of the screen under Academics.

It says Degree Registration Status and under that, PT 2020-2021 Invited

Hope that helps.

As some people said, if you don't see it, don't worry. We don't really know how they're updating these things.

Thank you! I see invited as well!

Has anybody who received "invited" in the past not gotten in when official acceptances came out?

 

Edited by OT1996
Link to post
Share on other sites

For all of the people who applied to Ontario OT schools have you decided which university you will attend if accepted on Friday? I applied to UofT, Queens, and McMaster and I was wondering what factors people take into account when making their decisions. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, OTfall2020 said:

My acorn also updated saying that I've been enrolled in MsOT 2020-2021 on the dashboard, under academics. I applied to UofT in high school so I had my old login info still.

Does yours say "enrolled" or "invited" on the Dashboard?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...