Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

32 minutes ago, OT-UofT-PLS-2020 said:

CONGRATS!

Which school are you leaning towards ?!

Thanks so much!!! 

I was originally leaning towards UoT, but I really wasn’t expecting to receive acceptances for every school! With that said, I will definitely be weighing out the pros and cons of each school within the next few days! 

5 minutes ago, OTlemon said:

@OT2020Kait  I'm in the same boat as you!! Will be making a pros/cons list for Queens vs. U of T vs. Western OT... right now I'm leaning towards U of T. It's a bummer that term 1 will all be online though :(

29 minutes ago, OT2020Kait said:

Thanks so much!!! 

I was originally leaning towards UoT, but I really wasn’t expecting to receive acceptances for every school! With that said, I will definitely be weighing out the pros and cons of each school within the next few days! 

Same boat as you both! Deciding between UofT, McMaster, and Queens. Let me know what factors you consider for pros and cons! 

I know that for UofT it's all going to be online for the first term. And then they also have the LEAP placements instead of normal placements so I'm thinking about that too 

Hi Everyone!

Last night I received MSc. OT acceptances from UofT, Queen's & McMaster. I've also been accepted to Western as well, but only for the combined OT/Ph.D program. After a lot of reflection and consideration, I will not be accepting any of my offers, because I've ultimately decided that the BSc. in Therapeutic Recreation program and a career in Recreational Therapy is a better fit for me. I wanted post as there should be some waitlist movement for you all! 

For anyone who is wondering my cGPA was 3.79 and my cGPA was 3.96. 

I know that the admissions process/making admissions decisions can be very stressful, so I wanted to leave the Suicide Prevention Line #: 1-833-456-4566 (can call 24/7) and Crisis Text Line # here: 686868 (can text 24/7) in case anyone needs it.  Congratulations to all who received acceptances this year and don't give up hope if this try wasn't successful and you really feel that OT or PT are for you! 

17 minutes ago, XKIN2019 said:

Uottawa friends they sent out the email saying a decision has been made but my uzone has nothing on it. Anyone els have the same thing?

Hey! I haven’t received anything yet from Ottawa. Where did they send the email? 

4 minutes ago, GBarr98 said:

Hey! I haven’t received anything yet from Ottawa. Where did they send the email? 

They sent the email at 7:03 and I just saw my UZone updated (I got in to PT& OT), remember that previous students said the file updated as late as 10pm.

Degree BSc (first class) hon Human Kinetics and Health sciences 2019

Applied: Uottawa PT, OT

Accepted: Uottawa PT, Ot

sGPA 3.61, second round applying to rehab sciences. Strengths, one year work experience as a PTA in Cornwall (bilingual area), previously ran a day program for children with special needs and lots of volunteer experience with coaching and strength and conditioning.  For future applicants, I haven't spoken french since grade school outside of work. The french test was challenging in  regards to writing because it had been so long so I would recommend studying. Lastly, they asked me to take a french class with uOttawa 3 weeks ago so I would recommend enrolling in the class if they offer.  Hope this helps some people next year!