Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

Accepted to Queens OT! Also got waitlisted for Western OT and Toronto OT. 

If anyone has any experience with Queens OT please let me know or contact me privately if that is more comfortable for you (if that is a thing you can do on here). Congrats to everyone who has heard back, and if you're still waiting on news don't give up! Take a breather from the refresh button at some point today and enjoy the sunshine :) 

cGPA: 3.6 sGPA: 3.75

5 minutes ago, GO(A)T said:

Accepted to Queens OT! Also got waitlisted for Western OT and Toronto OT. 

If anyone has any experience with Queens OT please let me know or contact me privately if that is more comfortable for you (if that is a thing you can do on here). Congrats to everyone who has heard back, and if you're still waiting on news don't give up! Take a breather from the refresh button at some point today and enjoy the sunshine :) 

cGPA: 3.6 sGPA: 3.75

Did your offer show on ORPAS last night or this morning

Accepted to Dal (NS resident) and Western PT
Rejected from Queen's PT

Western updated their student portal last night and it was reflected on my ORPAS. Queen's has been blank on ORPAS but I received an email about 5 minutes ago saying my application was insufficient for an offer or place on the waitlist! The email also said the Queen's cGPA cutoff (2.89) and sGPA cutoff (3.67) for this year!

My own cGPA was 3.90 and sGPA was 3.85

Who hasn't gotten a decision from Mac OT yet? I received my rejections from Queens, Western and UoT but still waiting for an email or update from Mac. Mosaic is showing a green pending circle but I think I had that circle since submitting my application.

17 minutes ago, Lina said:

Rejected from Queens (just received the email) and western, and waitlisted at Mac (PT). 

if I’m in the top 5 of the waitlist at Mac, is it safe to assume that I will get an offer? 

I applied to Mac PT 2 years ago and was waitlisted at #25, and was offered admission ~3 weeks after first rounds went out so I think you're definitely okay! 

Accepted to Dal OT (NS applicant), Mac PT

Waitlisted to Mac OT (#13), Queens PT, and both Western PT and OT

sGPA - 3.83 cGPA - 3.78 (from ORPAS)

Going to have to make some tough decisions between OT/PT... I’m leaning towards Mac OT granted I move off the waitlist... does anyone know how much movement Mac sees? I feel like #13 is pretty high up there... what do you guys think?

1 minute ago, Psyched4OTPT said:

Accepted to Dal OT (NS applicant), Mac PT

Waitlisted to Mac OT (#13), Queens PT, and both Western PT and OT

sGPA - 3.83 cGPA - 3.78 (from ORPAS)

Going to have to make some tough decisions between OT/PT... I’m leaning towards Mac OT granted I move off the waitlist... does anyone know how much movement Mac sees? I feel like #13 is pretty high up there... what do you guys think?

How did you find out where you sat on the waitlist?

Hello!
Applied: Mac, Western, & Queen’s OT.

I was rejected from Mac & Western, but I just received my Queen’s waitlist email this morning, which I’m hyped about! My orpas cumulative gpa came to 3.51 due to my grades from my bridge school being lower than my current school. I have experience with children and adults living with disability through work (day camps) & through volunteering with different programs & organizations for 100+ hours. I also have experience in the research field through being involved in a play based intervention for children with autism & their motor skills. I’m hopeful that the waitlist will move, but if it doesn’t, then I’m excited & motivated to bulk up my 2021 application before December!

Applied + (PT or OT?): OT- Western, Mac, UofT, Queen's, Dalhousie, Alberta PT- Western & Queen's
Accepted: OT- Alberta, UofT
Waitlisted: OT- Western (upper third), Mac (#2 spot which means a probable acceptance!), Dalhousie PT- Western & Queen's
Rejected: OT- Queen's

GPA: c-gpa 3.75 and s-gpa 3.82
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: 
-Strength and Conditioning Coach (NSCA-CPT) at a Rehabilitation Facility 
-Volunteer at a Senior's Exercise centre
-Volunteer leading an exercise program for Seniors

-Volunteer at a Children's Movement Program
-Volunteer at a Spinal Cord Rehabilitation Centre
-Student Athletic Therapist
-T-ball and Soccer Instructor for kids aged 2-5

Congratulations everyone! I'll be making some decisions between Mac, U of T and Western for OT!