Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

Accepted to Ottawa PT and OT, Dal OT

Waitlisted for Dal PT (top half for nb applicants) and Mac PT (#35)

GPA: sgpa: 3.61 cgpa: 3.77 (according to ORPAS) sgpa: 3.7 cpgpa: 3.91 (for dal)

Physio was my first choice program so I'm incredibly happy to have been accepted into a physio program! I have already paid my deposit at dal OT but will now be declining my offer so there will be some waitlist movement for you folks! Ottawa was always my second choice following dal but with the accreditation issues if dal offers me a position I will most likely be declining. I also like the idea of Mac as they're known for rehab sciences but not sure what the movement on the waitlist would be like... any idea?

1 hour ago, GO(A)T said:

Accepted to Queens OT! Also got waitlisted for Western OT and Toronto OT. 

If anyone has any experience with Queens OT please let me know or contact me privately if that is more comfortable for you (if that is a thing you can do on here). Congrats to everyone who has heard back, and if you're still waiting on news don't give up! Take a breather from the refresh button at some point today and enjoy the sunshine :) 

cGPA: 3.6 sGPA: 3.75

Congratulations. I just got rejected from Queens OT. Do you know if it matters that my education is from outside Canada? I'm puzzled because my WES equivalent GPA was 3.86 and I had a ton of Canadian volunteer experience. 

1 hour ago, GO(A)T said:

Accepted to Queens OT! Also got waitlisted for Western OT and Toronto OT. 

If anyone has any experience with Queens OT please let me know or contact me privately if that is more comfortable for you (if that is a thing you can do on here). Congrats to everyone who has heard back, and if you're still waiting on news don't give up! Take a breather from the refresh button at some point today and enjoy the sunshine :) 

cGPA: 3.6 sGPA: 3.75

I just got rejected from Queens OT. Does anyone know if it matters that my education is from outside Canada? I'm puzzled because my WES equivalent GPA was 3.86 and I had a ton of Canadian volunteer experience.

Does anyone know an international candidate in their OT/PT program? Should I just give up?

7 hours ago, OT1996 said:

Same boat as you both! Deciding between UofT, McMaster, and Queens. Let me know what factors you consider for pros and cons! 

I know that for UofT it's all going to be online for the first term. And then they also have the LEAP placements instead of normal placements so I'm thinking about that too 

I'm planning to accept my UofT offer for PT. The email they sent us and on the SGS website mentioned that they are still monitoring the situation and hopes to return to in-person class in fall. I was wondering where did you find out that UofT OT will be online for the first term?

SGPA: 3.95 CGPA: 3.80

Accepted: Western PT 

Waitlisted: Queens PT

Rejected: University of Toronto PT

Im extremely puzzled by these results as I thought my application was extremely strong and that I performed well on the CAP test. Based on these results I will most likely accept my offer to CMCC. Does anyone know if I would be able to get information on why I was flat out rejected from UofT?

2 minutes ago, okayokay said:

SGPA: 3.95 CGPA: 3.80

Accepted: Western PT 

Waitlisted: Queens PT

Rejected: University of Toronto PT

Im extremely puzzled by these results as I thought my application was extremely strong and that I performed well on the CAP test. Based on these results I will most likely accept my offer to CMCC. Does anyone know if I would be able to get information on why I was flat out rejected from UofT?

It’s most likely the CASPer

23 minutes ago, Physio2022 said:

I'm planning to accept my UofT offer for PT. The email they sent us and on the SGS website mentioned that they are still monitoring the situation and hopes to return to in-person class in fall. I was wondering where did you find out that UofT OT will be online for the first term?

Hey are you willing to share your stats? 

Accepted to UofT (St. George campus), McMaster, and Western, all for OT. Rejected at Queens. Will most likely be accepting UofT, which will open up some spots. Congrats to everyone who has received responses, and all the best to those still waiting.

S-GPA: 3.83, C-GPA: 3.21

1 hour ago, Sasi said:

Congratulations. I just got rejected from Queens OT. Do you know if it matters that my education is from outside Canada? I'm puzzled because my WES equivalent GPA was 3.86 and I had a ton of Canadian volunteer experience. 

Thank you so much! I'm sorry to hear about that, your grades and volunteer experience sound amazing though, that's really impressive! I don't know if the education location is considered, I really wish I had an answer for you regarding that! Best of luck : ) Someone else in this thread might know though so if you do & are reading this please let us know!