Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

13 hours ago, PTOTHOPEFUL said:

Haven’t heard anything either !

16 hours ago, newtoOT said:

Thank you!! How would one find opportunities to volunteer in private OT clinics - is it just a matter of contacting them and seeing if they can take you on?

Yeah I usually just either went into the clinic or emailed the clinic just expressing interest and including a resume. 

On 3/8/2020 at 12:13 AM, PT OT HOPEFUL said:

Hello everyone! 

Can someone please share how long you have to answer during McMaster's OT MMI? Also, how long do you think your answer should be? I have heard that 2ish minutes is a good target but I thought that you had 8 minutes for your response during an MMI? 

Thanks! 

Hey! I did the MMIs last year & got accepted so I can shed some light on this...For the interviews, you have 2 minutes to read the scenario/question & then 6 minutes to give your answer (so 8 minutes in total)! I would say just try to talk for as long as you can & if you have run out of things to say, don't worry because the interviewees have prompting questions! For the written stations, you get the full 8 minutes to write. 

3 hours ago, PT applicant said:

Heads up, PT MMI invitation for university of Alberta should be going out now, just received  mine couple minutes ago. 

Thanks for the heads up! Out of curiosity, what is the window given to accept or decline the U of A PT MMI?

On 3/5/2020 at 9:43 AM, mjot said:

Thank you!!! Do you have any interview tips or advice???!

Based on what I can remember (I don’t know if it’s the same this year) I would say be clear and confident about why you want to be an OT, and be knowledgeable about the roles of OT in healthcare. As nerve racking as the interview process is, everyone involved is truly lovely and wants you to succeed, so try to relax as much as you can, be genuine, and make it clear that you’re passionate about this field. Good luck :) 

14 hours ago, LMC said:

How did everyone find the Kira Talent Mac PT interview? I felt okay about it but my written question was pretty weird so I didn't get much down for that. 

I felt it was ok. I was thrown off a bit at the types of questions asked on the actual interview, as I was expecting more traditional style interview questions based on all I had read. I wish there had been more personal type questions to really show myself off as an individual, but I suppose those ones are harder to score quantitatively. Overall I think it was a fare mix of situational judgement questions and personal ones. 

18 hours ago, LMC said:

How did everyone find the Kira Talent Mac PT interview? I felt okay about it but my written question was pretty weird so I didn't get much down for that. 

I personally found it very rushed and awkward.  I tried talking directly to my camera and not look at myself on the screen, but I found myself having trouble formulating my answer as I got use to 6minutes mmi style as I did UBC one the day before.  The written was better than the spoken ones for me imo. Guess we'll see!