Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

On 3/3/2020 at 11:45 PM, OTgurl said:

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has had any interviews with any UK schools, one of my friends just recently had an interview!

I applied to Mac, U of T, Queens, Western, Dal, Oxford, Brunel, and Glasgow! 

My sub gpa is 3.78

Im doing the CASPER test on Thursday. If anyone has any tips send them my way please! :)

Hey!! Where did you end up going? I’m interested in going to the UK and wondering what other people’s experiences have been. 

On 3/4/2020 at 3:37 PM, PTbound07 said:

I applied and interviewed with the UK! applied to brunel and oxford along with others. I applied in december and interviewed with Brunel early january, and have still yet to hear from oxford. Brunel interviewed me through the phone and it was really short only lasted 15 minutes, and got accepted! 

Hey! Did you end up going to the Uk? If yes, how is your experience? 

On 10/25/2020 at 1:29 PM, OTProgramUofT said:

Hi everyone,

For those who completed the CasPer test can you please share your experience or tips? How did you prep for it and was it difficult? 

Hey! I took the CASPer last year and I got into Western for OT (only one that asks for it for OT) so I assume I did okay. The practice questions they have on their website are probably the best ones for practice, but you can find others else where too. I would practice typing quick responses because the questions go pretty quick. Other than practicing timing though, I think they're just looking for you to consider both sides of each situation, and comment on that. That's my perception at least. Hopefully that helps a little :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 4:55 PM, PT PT PT said:

Does anyone know if a "W' on your transcript affects your application? I am currently enrolled in classes and debating whether to drop one class just in case if may affect my GPA. Any thoughts?

Hi! I applied last year with a W in the last 20 courses when I applied, and a total of 5 Ws throughout my undergrad (big yikes). It didn't seem to have impacted my applications for Ontario schools and UofA! 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, NightangelOT said:

Hey guys, I am applying to OT this year from BC and was hoping to speak to anyone who applied to the PhD/MOT program either at Western or McMaster or anyone who moved from BC to Ontario for MOT/MPT school. I’m just curious about your experience thus far etc. Thanks ! 

Hi! Feel free to send me a message. I moved from BC this summer to attend OT at Queen’s

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone re-submitted the same personal submission that they've used in previous application cycles and got accepted. I was waitlisted at Queen's University during the 2020 application cycle and I believe my response to their personal submission questions were strong, because I had them reviewed by current OT students and registered OTs - however, my references and experiences were weak during the 2020 application cycle. Thanks in advance!

On 11/17/2020 at 2:13 PM, NightangelOT said:

Hey guys, I am applying to OT this year from BC and was hoping to speak to anyone who applied to the PhD/MOT program either at Western or McMaster or anyone who moved from BC to Ontario for MOT/MPT school. I’m just curious about your experience thus far etc. Thanks ! 

Hey, I moved from BC to attend Western MOT this fall! Feel free to message any questions :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 6:26 PM, Sky05 said:

Hey, I moved from BC to attend Western MOT this fall! Feel free to message any questions :)

Hey I'll apply UWO very soon! Do you mind share your GPA and some strategies for writing personal statement? Did you see any international students in your class? I do appriciate for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, PT PT PT said:

Hi everyone! I would like to apply to UBC PT but noticed that they have the prerequisite grade of B for statistics. I got a B-... do I still have a chance or they won't budge on that?

These are usually firm requirements set out by the program similar to GPA cutoffs. Only bet is to retake a statistics class before admission

1 minute ago, PT PT PT said:

Hi everyone! I have my CASPer booked for Jan 5 and just wanted to post to ask if anyone can provide any tips/additional sources on the best way they found to prepare :)

Hey! I have mine on the same date! What I found useful is looking at the practice questions and modules on the webiste. Time has been an issue for me but last application cycle I felt more calm and sure of my answers because I was true to my personality. 

1 hour ago, KforOT said:

Hey! I have mine on the same date! What I found useful is looking at the practice questions and modules on the webiste. Time has been an issue for me but last application cycle I felt more calm and sure of my answers because I was true to my personality. 

Nice!! Good luck on yours :) Thanks so much! I guess I will also have to practice typing fast so I can get all my ideas down 

Hi! Is anyone here reapplying to UBC physio? I'm at the Additional Questions page and theres a part where it asks if you've applied in the past. When I choose the "yes" option, it prompts you to read the next question. There is no next question, other than the statements at the end that you have to accept whether you say yes OR no. 

Not sure if I'm missing something here, I've tried to load up my application in both safari AND chrome and no difference. I figure another reapplicant probably would have reached out to them regarding this already, and if it actually was a big deal they would have fixed that, but don't really want to assume so. Thanks in advance!!

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 12.44.22 AM.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...