Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2020 Interviews -- DISCUSSIONS

btdubs

14 minutes ago, Oliveoil said:

did anyone receive an email for FM ottawa and queens? or Was it a status updates ? 

i did not receive an email but got the checkmark

I got an email and a link to schedule an interview that was open immediately. I would check all the spam!!

16 hours ago, 55446677 said:

Hello friends.

I was wondering if anyone got an invite to Mac neuro. I got an invite through an email from the program coordinator, but they appear to be away until January so I'm not sure how to confirm the interview. Anyone else have this issue?

Best of luck all. Rooting for ya

Hi there,

I haven't received anything from Mac Neuro yet. Neither an email nor a CaRMS status update. Does that mean I was rejected?

Do you receive your email yesterday afternoon?

Wish the best of luck for you :)

On 12/13/2019 at 9:56 AM, TACMG said:

I just had the exact opposite happen where I got an email saying I did get an interview, but the CaRMs website says I did not...

It seems as though the new system has some communication bugs that need to be worked out. My plan now is to wait a few days to a week and see what happens.

As promised, here's there update: I emailed the school in question and after waiting 5 long days, they replied and said they submitted the wrong thing to CaRMs. I did get the interview! I'm extremely happy, so for those who got updates from the CaRMs website that were not in your favour, there's definitely chance (Though slim) that it's wrong or can be changed. 

Best of luck to everyone. Keep your heads up and make sure to engage int #SelfCare.

12 minutes ago, TACMG said:

As promised, here's there update: I emailed the school in question and after waiting 5 long days, they replied and said they submitted the wrong thing to CaRMs. I did get the interview! I'm extremely happy, so for those who got updates from the CaRMs website that were not in your favour, there's definitely chance (Though slim) that it's wrong or can be changed. 

Best of luck to everyone. Keep your heads up and make sure to engage int #SelfCare.

Way to go! :)

On 12/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, Dr. JJ said:

Anyone else having sort of a roller-coaster experience of, on the one hand, getting invites that you really weren't expecting (for programs that you thought were super-competitive), but then getting rejected by programs that are historically uncompetitive and seemed like really "safe" backups?

We all knew this process would be challenging,  but I am surprised by the sheer amount of unpredictability.  If I had gambled on what interviews we* would get vs not, I would have lost quite a bit of money by now.

-JJ

*My spouse is actually the med student and I am the full-time parent at the moment. I'm the one who made the account to discuss things on here because my spouse has no time in clerkship! ;)

Circling back to this now. Got an offer from a super competitive surgical program today and also was rejected from smaller/more rural programs (where I honestly thought I had a bette shot) in the past days. I went back to the criteria for each program and it made more sense to me in retrospect. I think it's easy to assume we are more likely to get offers from smaller programs, but the reality is everyone appears to be looking for something a tad different, and that's what may tip the scales in the end.

Or maybe I'm just trying to find some kind of pattern in chaos to feel better lol.