Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2020 Interviews -- DISCUSSIONS

btdubs

1 minute ago, medmedmed10 said:

Hey everyone - most interview dates/times I've seen have been first come, first serve, but UBC psychiatry weren't. Anyone know how they handed them out?

They asked applicants to rank their preferences by a certain date (not first-come-first-serve). Assuming they did a lottery of some sorts.

7 hours ago, moonwalker2099 said:

Haven't seen any update via CaRMS interview offer status let alone a yay/nay email as of yet. Anyone else?

Edited for clarification: I have received a CMG Western ortho invite and CaRMS is updated on my end of things at any rate.  Wishing you all the best and hope to see you on the interview trail!

Hi everyone!

Can anyone post their Rejection Letter from Toronto Internal Medicine? I'm at an American medical school but am a CMG. I got rejected for an interview at UofT but the email seems very much so meant for IMGs - e.g., says this was based on objective examinations, we only interview <10% of applicants and just want to ensure that I didn't somehow get put in the wrong pool of applicants. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Joshua Marzan said:

Hi everyone!

Can anyone post their Rejection Letter from Toronto Internal Medicine? I'm at an American medical school but am a CMG. I got rejected for an interview at UofT but the email seems very much so meant for IMGs - e.g., says this was based on objective examinations, we only interview <10% of applicants and just want to ensure that I didn't get someone put in the wrong pool of applicants. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I would suggest your better route is to call U of T directly rather than waiting for someone to post a rejection letter. The U of T interviews start Jan 20 so you don't want to miss the chance to sign up, if in fact it was an erroneous rejection. 2 cents

15 minutes ago, Joshua Marzan said:

Hi everyone!

Can anyone post their Rejection Letter from Toronto Internal Medicine? I'm at an American medical school but am a CMG. I got rejected for an interview at UofT but the email seems very much so meant for IMGs - e.g., says this was based on objective examinations, we only interview <10% of applicants and just want to ensure that I didn't somehow get put in the wrong pool of applicants. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

FWIW I know other CMGs that got the same email