Premed 101 Forums

How representative are premed 101ers?

Hello Everyone,

Just how much do you think people who write on this forum; for example the Invite/regret sections of each medical school, are representative of actual applicant pool.

Are they on average stronger applicants (stats/EC wise), weaker or similar to the rest of applicant pool?

Thanks for sharing your opinion in advance.

38 minutes ago, LastOneStanding said:

Hello Everyone,

Just how much do you think people who write on this forum; for example the Invite/regret sections of each medical school, are representative of actual applicant pool.

Are they on average stronger applicants (stats/EC wise), weaker or similar to the rest of applicant pool?

Thanks for sharing your opinion in advance.

My take is often they are a bit stronger than average - bunch of reasons for that. Just posting your stats even if no one knows who you are still is easier if they are good for some reason. Being on a premed forum means you found it and are doing some "homework" - possibly biases the postings etc. 

There is still a range mind you - and the postings are clearly only a subset of the people that get in. One of the hardest part of going though this process is taking the leap of faith that you to can get in and applying even at times when you are at relative disadvantage (this process has a lot of randomness in it - the more chances you give your self the greater the odds you get in). 

16 hours ago, rmorelan said:

My take is often they are a bit stronger than average - bunch of reasons for that. Just posting your stats even if no one knows who you are still is easier if they are good for some reason. Being on a premed forum means you found it and are doing some "homework" - possibly biases the postings etc. 

There is still a range mind you - and the postings are clearly only a subset of the people that get in. One of the hardest part of going though this process is taking the leap of faith that you to can get in and applying even at times when you are at relative disadvantage (this process has a lot of randomness in it - the more chances you give your self the greater the odds you get in). 

Lols I post my bad stats shamelessly!!!!!! 

=P 

- G