Premed 101 Forums

Which medical schools have the weighted GPA (wGPA) system of admissions in Canada?

2 hours ago, MedicineLCS said:

Basically all schools in English Canada (except McMaster, NOSM, Memorial, and UofS IIRC). 

Western schools (UBC, Alberta schools) tend to have a simpler "drop a year" approach. Manitoba lets you drop individual courses (kinda like the UofT, but not as strict). 

Thank you very much for the informative comment. Thanks also for a really helpful comment in one of my other posts :)

So it's all schools in English speaking provinces in Canada except for the ones you have mentioned.

Continuing from that previous post, if I start my undergraduate in January 2020 or Spring at USask, do you know how I will be able to be applicable for the "drop a year approach" at OOP medical schools that have that system? As wGPA are counted from September (Fall) session. 

The reason why I want to start early is because I'm already a Non-Trad student by next Fall I will be a year older (mid 20s). So I'm just stressed and anxious when to start University, from January/May 2020 or September 2020. 

But my main goal is to work as hard as possible for USask medical school because my folks and relatives are Saskatooners so I want to live and study there. But only if I don't get accepted I'll try other provinces.