Premed 101 Forums

Don’t go to Griffith University for medicine

Dear all, 

I am a current CSA at Griffith University in Gold Coast. I wanted to share with you my horrible experience and tell you I think you should not even apply to Griffith for medicine. Seriously, don’t do it.

Do yourself a big favour, apply to UQ or U Syd instead. If you want to know more, feel free to PM me. 

On 12/3/2019 at 12:34 PM, JohnGrisham said:

IMG* 

CSA stands for Canadian studying abroad, which is a specific group of IMGs. Not sure if your comment was meant to be derogatory in some way lol

On 12/8/2019 at 12:03 PM, Intermediate said:

What about Melbourne?

If you study in Melbourne you have a huge advantage in being a category 2 for internship applications after you’re done. That basically means empty intern spots go to you before they go to Australians from inter-state schools or IMGs. 

• 8 months later...
On 12/2/2019 at 8:08 PM, SerpentineNino said:

Dear all, 

I am a current CSA at Griffith University in Gold Coast. I wanted to share with you my horrible experience and tell you I think you should not even apply to Griffith for medicine. Seriously, don’t do it.

Do yourself a big favour, apply to UQ or U Syd instead. If you want to know more, feel free to PM me. 

I know this was posted a while back, but I'm interested in hearing about your experience. Would you or anyone else be able to speak to what it's like at Griffith for medicine? 

On 12/3/2019 at 3:08 PM, SerpentineNino said:

Dear all, 

in regards to "applying to USyd", I wanted to let everyone reading this know that coming to USyd for med is NOT a good idea. Pm me or any (I mean literally any USyd student) and they'll tell you why.

• 10 months later...