Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites/Regrets (2019-2020)

12 minutes ago, HugeEuge said:

There are examples in the email that was posted to this forum about what it looks like when you just missed the cutoff. Your bar isn't actually shown, and there is only an arrow pointing to where your score was within the OOP cutoff bar. If your bar was actually shown, you may be farther from the cutoff than you may think.

I am aware. It’s an arrow saying your score. Just like the example. 

7 minutes ago, bhaggy said:

From previous years, regrets come out Monday. Last year on Tuesday it was early invites. Historically, it goes Monday=regrets , Wednesday =early and Thursday =regular. Except last year when early invites were Tuesday and regular on Wednesday.

Were regrets ONLY on Monday? Like if you survive Monday it means you'll get an invite? :o 

2 minutes ago, aloeplant said:

3 people posted regrets for regular deadline on Dec 11, 2018 (Tuesday), so who knows. It's totally possible that they posted late though, as their timestamps did not include date. 

yeah I saw that! but the times seemed to correspond with the posts from the evening before. I'm hoping it is only today!! I need this stress to be over!

1 minute ago, Bawgg said:

Even though I am extremely bitter, I'm posting only for old time sake. I've been lurking here for 6+ years and my fellow pre-meds deserve better. 

Rejected at 0800pm EST. 

Best of luck guys.. another year another cycle. 

are you able to check your OAS portal? I got rejected two hours ago and still don't have access to it :/

TIME STAMP: 4:31 PM
Interview Invite or Regrets: Regrets
Early or Regular Deadline: Regular
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): 93.8
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 523
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): UG
Geography (IP/OOP):  OOP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Decent IMO

NAQ Range: 50th - 74.99
My Result: Rejected

It is what it is.

•  

5 minutes ago, Ontario have mercy said:

TIME STAMP: 4:31 PM
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): 93.8
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 523
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): UG
Geography (IP/OOP):  OOP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Decent IMO

NAQ Range: 50th - 74.99
My Result: Rejected

It is what it is.

•  

Hey as someone with a 0-25 NAQ (ouch I know) could you tell me about some of your EC's, trying to see where I can improve 

Just now, helloimhello said:

hey how did you get the "inspect element" on Mac? I can't seem to figure it out 

It's a website developer tool, must enable webdev in Safari first: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/139767/inspect-element-in-safari&ved=2ahUKEwiFmd-GlqrmAhUTsZ4KHX8RAgYQFjAGegQIDhAJ&usg=AOvVaw3F7h4ct_deNRyL-QAOgS5I

That being said, I think their scale is obfuscating your actual score, so it may no longer be discrete, but continuous and limited to a set number of ranges, or even randomized a little. Otherwise it would totally be possible to calculate the new NAQ vs a bunch of people's GPA scores.

2 minutes ago, BabyYoda said:

OOP Regrets at 9:52 EST. Hearbroken since i have an arrow litterealy on top of the cutoff line.

After I open the inspect element stuff on chrome (Mac) how do i find my scores and the cutoff? want to make my stats post as detailed as possible.

so sorry :( - the timestamp on this regret scares the life out of me 

TIME STAMP: 5:04PM PST (Monday, December 9, 2019)
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): 83.05 OGPA (not eligible for AGPA yet)
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 514 (129/126/128/131)
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): Undergraduate
Geography (IP/OOP):  IP; first time applying
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.):
Tons of research, stipends, conferences, and a first-author pub.
Significant team/leadership experience, employment history, recreational sports, mentoring/coaching, hospital volunteering, other community stuff

NAQ Range: 50th - 74.99th Percentile
My Result: From using the inspector tool, looks like my TFR was 47. IP cutoff was 52 and OOP cutoff was 63. (Is it fair to say an 83 average is around 19 AQ?)

Time to figure out what to do with myself and my life. This is what I get for taking unnecessary difficult courses