Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites/Regrets (2019-2020)

59 minutes ago, letsgetthisbread said:

If I was an OOP applicant, is my NAQ percentile from just the OOP applicant pool or everyone? Got rejected with 0-24.99th percentile and I feel so defeated (rejected on Tuesday not today btw, don't wanna freak anyone out)

Not sure if this will help, but you're not alone. I've always done things I'm passionate about and my ECs really impress some people (I've had a medical professional tell me my application/EC's were "perfect" LOL), yet I was also given 0-25th percentile. I don't think that means my ECs are bad. To me, it's that I did not frame my EC's in a way that matches UBC's rubric. I still feel that some schools may look at my ECs and love them. Not sure if you care what I have to say ahah, but thinking of it that way helped me get over the initial feeling of defeat... we're in this together! 

Keep holding on everyone, we are so close! 5th time applicant here and this is the first time I get past Monday's rejection (still waiting for the email...). Throughout the years, I reacted to rejections with tears, despair, resignation, overworking myself to improve my NAQ, ...and I learned that every year I was not in was an additional opportunity to improve myself and acquire skills that will ultimately make me a better doctor. 

This forum brought me a huge level of support, and I want to thank you for contributing with your stories, your scores, and your tips. 

Best of luck everyone!

TIME STAMP: Dec. 12, 2:28 EST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Invite! 
Early or Regular Deadline: Regular
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): ~90
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 516
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): UG 4th year
Geography (IP/OOP):  OOP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): I think diverse! Filled all categories...long term employment, research, volunteering, sports involvement and hobbies. PM if you want to know more :)

Congrats to all invited! 

I was so defeated yesterday from the MD/PhD rejection (on their letter they said "you may re-apply again in October 2020) and worrying about my near future as I'm graduating from M.Sc.. 

Took some time off from lab today and woke up after an afternoon nap. Received an invite for the MD program interview!

This is my third time applying and I've put a lot of effort, tears, and sweat in the recent years. 

TIME STAMP: 2:27PM EST Thursday December 12, 2012

Early or Regular Deadline: Regular

GPA or AGPA (if applicable): AGPA 86

MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 508

Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): M.Sc. 3rd year (I'm graduating i promise)

Interview Invite or Regrets: Invite

Geography (IP/OOP):  IP

NAQ for the past two cycles:  I edited a lot this year to reflect the terms they indicate on their expectations website (also edited based on the values from UofT and OMSAS schools). 

Honored to be selected but I know that this chance is taken away from thousands of other amazing candidates. 

TIME STAMP: Dec. 12, 11:28 PST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Invite!! 
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): ~90.5
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 524 (131/132/130/131)
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): BA
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Somewhat non-traditional with lots of different work experience in social services and in minoritized communities--will add more details for y'all later :) 

TIME STAMP: Dec. 12, 11:26 PST
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): ~85
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 521
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): 2nd degree
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): pm

So delighted to be able to post this. Been a long-time lurker for the past (4) unsuccessful application cycles. Don't give up! Goodluck to all!

Hello everyone! I was rejected from MD/PhD but I got a regular MD invitation. 

TIME STAMP: Dec. 12
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): ~90
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): MSc
Geography (IP/OOP):  OOP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Very strong, research-heavy. 

TIME STAMP: Dec. 12, 11:26 PST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Invite :D
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): 89.2
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 518 (130/126/131/131)
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): UG
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): research, volunteering at seniors home, NSERC USRAs, lots of sports, executive roles in my club, high school coaching