Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites/Regrets (2019-2020)

@Ss123toy @kronos I was rooting for you two... I hope you guys get an interview next year! I'm not too sure if I'll be getting cut today as well...

If you don't mind sharing, could you let me know what your aGPA/oGPA versus AQ (or AQ if you were to calculate it by subtracting NAQ from your TFR) — it really helps to get data points for plotting out what GPA corresponds to what AQ score.

1 minute ago, HongHongHong said:

@Ss123toy @kronos I was rooting for you two... I hope you guys get an interview next year! I'm not too sure if I'll be getting cut today as well...

If you don't mind sharing, could you let me know what your aGPA/oGPA versus AQ (or AQ if you were to calculate it by subtracting NAQ from your TFR) — it really helps to get data points for plotting out what GPA corresponds to what AQ score.

Yes, will do as soon as I can get access to my scores. Refreshing like mad right now!

1 minute ago, HongHongHong said:

Thanks! I'll update once I get the scores. OAS isn't loading right now

4 minutes ago, HongHongHong said:

I got regrets as well and turns out there is no naq or aq score given. Just your gpa and what quartile you are for naq (mine was 75th-100th). Then for how you compare to the pool, it shows a line with three bars (one for where you stand, one for IP cut off and one for OOP cut off). 

1 minute ago, Teachdoc said:

I got regrets as well and turns out there is no naq or aq score given. Just your gpa and what percentile you are for naq (mine was 75th-100th). Then for how you compare to the pool, it shows a line with three bars (one for where you stand, one for IP cut off and one for OOP cut off). 

Do you feel comfortable posting a screenshot of this? 

3 minutes ago, jonasbrothers said:

what is the likelihood of getting an interview if you haven't got an email yet? 

Does seem like OAS sent out a giant chunk of emails just now, seeing as how the website is slowing down — I don't remember it doing that in prior years. I wonder if they stopped staggering it.

Just now, Rabeprazole said:

I hope we all can find the best school for us if UBC isn't meant to be. We can do this!

For those receiving regrets, what time did the email come? I'm just trying to get an idea if the emails are staggered or all at one time. Thanks!

1:32 PST // 4:32 EST

Still desperately refreshing OAS

2 minutes ago, kronos said:

Sample image that UBC just sent out of the new score reporting system

Sample-Score-Section.jpg

That’s horrible!!!

edit: not your score I mean the system. You are worthy and ubc sucks for not paying attention to the unstoppable can of kickass that you are 

editedit: oh its a sample! 

2 minutes ago, MedicineLCS said:

Interestingly, OAS still works for me, but my statement is "No Interview decision has been made." I wonder if the system is going down only for people who have been given a regrets email? 

Same here. Definitely hoping there was only one wave of rejections, but everything is so different this year!