Interview Invites/Regrets (2019-2020)

TIME STAMP: 11:27 PM PST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Invite
Early or Regular Deadline: Regular
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): 94-95% AGPA
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 516
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): Bachelors
Geography (IP/OOP):  OOP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): A lot of work with Indigenous communities, advocacy work, etc. Filled all spots except for the research and high-performance sections which were empty (no research experience).

Good luck to everyone this cycle!! 

GPA or AGPA (if applicable): 85%
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 510 (127/128/129/126)
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): BSc
Geography (IP/OOP):  IP

Rejected last year by .03 so my NAQ is probably around 29-30 this time. Rewrote most of my entires and added some youth addictions work, travelling, and random hobbies this time.

TIME STAMP: Dec. 12 11:27 PST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Invite :)
Early or Regular Deadline: Regular
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): ~86
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 510 
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): BSC 
Geography (IP/OOP):  IP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Varied and longterm (will put more details)

This is my third cycle and I was waitlisted last year after the interview so I'm so grateful for another chance. 

TIME STAMP: 12 DEC 2019 11:27 AM PST
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): 89.something
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 520 (130/129/131/130)
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): Bachelors
Geography (IP/OOP):  IP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Long-term work (9+years), multiple research entries (2x over 12 months), other small volunteering things

TIME STAMP: Dec 12, 11:25 AM PST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Invite
Early or Regular Deadline: Regular
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): 96 ish AGPA
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 518 (129/129/129/131)
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): UG
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Varied and diverse. Lots of sports, volunteer positions with NPOs, hobbies, a few unique activities, lots of academic awards.

• TIME STAMP: Dec 12 

GPA or AGPA (if applicable): ~91
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 516 (129/128/129/130)
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): Masters
Geography (IP/OOP):  OOP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Multiple jobs in research and advocacy, long-term volunteering/ ECs working closely with diverse vulnerable populations, volunteering with my school newspaper, some typical activities like being an exec in multiple clubs/ committees, volunteer awards, sports, and hobbies. Some unique scholarships and participation in a case competition.

Super grateful that UBC saw something in my application and good luck to everyone this cycle! 

TIME STAMP: Dec. 12 EST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Invite :)
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): ~91
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 515
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): BSC (in 4th year) 
Geography (IP/OOP):  OOP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): I had a lot of stuff in every category, if you have specific questions shoot me a msg (even if you're someone reading this a couple years from now LOL). The key was taking on stuff that I really enjoyed- I think being genuine is important ! I also had some great help from these forums on how to structure and title my entries to present what I did the best way possible for the admissions committee. Out of province is def. harder (81 invites for ~1100 applicants). First time applicant at UBC so lets see where this goes!

ALSO if anyone wants to do interview prep msg me !

TIME STAMP: Dec 12, 11:26 AM PST
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): ~90
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 515 
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): UG
Geography (IP/OOP): IP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Hospital and other volunteering, club leadership, random hobbies, two jobs, a few awards, multiple publications. 

Congrats to everyone who got an interview invitation!!  It's an incredible achievement to have made this step, so you guys should all be proud of yourselves :)

giphy.gif

I just wanted to say that the resources from last year's FB group that I organized is definitely available if you're interested.  Feel free to join via the following link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/173550230242947/

Once you join, click on "Files" tab on the left and feel free to download all the questions (PDF files) the interviewees last year made and practiced.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing you guys during the interview weekends in February!

TIME STAMP: Dec 12, 2:28 PM EST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Invite!
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): 95%
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 523 (131/131/131/130)
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): UG (3rd year)
Geography (IP/OOP): OOP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Unique high performance section, lots of leadership in diverse variety of NPOs/clubs, research (1 first-author pub, others pending), sports (intramurals - nothing special), other cookie-cutter volunteering, a few jobs

Super excited to see you all in February!

TIME STAMP: Dec. 12, 2:28 EST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Invite! 
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): ~90
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 516 
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): Graduated UG in 2018 and did a non-degree/5th yr last year 
Geography (IP/OOP):  OOP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Filled all categories. Varsity sport, other sports, multiple jobs, many volunteer positions, extracurriculars, etc.

First time applying to UBC and feeling extremely privileged and thrilled to have received an interview invite. Good luck to all the other applicants! :) 

TIME STAMP: Dec 12, 2:28 PM EST
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): 95%
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 520 (130/130/130/130)
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): 3rd year UG
Geography (IP/OOP): OOP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): I think unique and diverse! High performance music (international level), lots of leadership, research, volunteering, etc.

Can't wait! :) 

TIME STAMP: Dec 12, 11:25 AM PST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Invite.
AGPA: ~85%
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 513 (I don't even remember)
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): UG 2015
Geography (IP/OOP): IP
ECS: A lot. Just go back to the previous 7-8 years of history I have on this site.

Fifth Application and 3rd interview. All previous interviews were below average. Last year I quit work and practiced everyday for 3 months. I put 300+ hours practicing with doctors, medical students, other premeds, friends and family. They all told me I was great. I did everything I could do including researching articles, reading newspapers, reading books. I thought it went great and still got below average which was very damaging. Average and a rejection would've been great, because it would've shown some progress. But I got below average. I have kinda accepted defeat and I am now studying Computer Science as a second degree (2 year bachelors) which is something I am very interested in. It's just nice to make some progress academically again instead of trying to climb over this wall that is the interview. The top seems so close, but it feels further than ever. I have reflected on my performance for the past few years and have reached a point that I really do not know how I can improve SO much to bring a below average to a above average. I have absolutely no idea what keeps going wrong. I'm still grateful for this opportunity, and It is not something to be taken for granted especially with my stats so I'll do the best that I can do and we'll see what happens. If it's meant to be it's meant to be but this is the last time.

And for those who are doing this for their first time: Please do not take this opportunity for granted. Do your BEST. There is ZERO guarantee you will get it again next year.

TIME STAMP: Dec 12, 11:27 AM PST
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): 84.3
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 514 (129/128/127/129)
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): Bachelors 2019
Geography (IP/OOP): IP
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): A LOT 

First time applying! 

TIME STAMP: 11:28am AM (PST)
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): 85.9% GPA
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 519
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): BSC 2020
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Hospital volunteering, lab volunteer, volunteer trip to South America, high performance sports, volunteer roles within sports,  interests (scuba diving, traveling) etc. Filled out high performance sections with sports achievements from high school. Filled all spots except for the research section as I have no publications/presentations. Also filled out all sections for rural remote suitability section.  

20 hours ago, almondmilklatte said:

TIME STAMP: Dec. 12 11:27 PST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Invite :)
GPA or AGPA (if applicable): ~86
MCAT (CPBS / CARS / BBFL / PSBB): 510 
Current Degree (UG/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): BSC 
Extracurricular Activities (awards, achievements, volunteering, employment, research, etc.): Varied and longterm (will put more details)

This is my third cycle and I was waitlisted last year after the interview so I'm so grateful for another chance. 

I’m so grateful for you! Congrats 

11 hours ago, initrams said:

I just asked for permission to join! Is it only at UBC though or will there be any Skype interviews or anything? I don’t live in Van): 

You could make a post in the group and ask if anyone is interested in Skype practicing :) I'm sure you're not the only one who doesn't live in Vancouver