Premed 101 Forums

University Of Alberta 2020 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2024

Sun444

Hey guys, congrats to everyone that got in so far and hold tight for those who are still waiting! :) I got accepted mid June and paid deposit via online banking but it still shows I haven’t on launchpad. Just wondering if anyone else has been having the same issue? I emailed Anjela about it and she said not to worry as it takes a few days but it’s been a couple weeks now and getting a bit worried lol. Anyways, I’m excited to meet you all this fall!!

So I got my acceptance just now guys!! I’m so hype because I was the one who created this thread and I started wondering how sad it would to see you all get in and I end up not getting in myself!! I can get super in my head sometimes lol.

-I did most of my pre-reqs at macewan and finished it up at u of a. I didn’t finish a degree before application.
cgpa: 3.7        pre-req gpa: 3.8

-I’ve been working as a psych aide for 6 years at a local facility and have a nursing Diploma from out of country.

This is such a dream and I can’t wait to ‘meet’ you all!! Lemme know if you have questions!

Just got my acceptance this afternoon! Stoked to meet y'all (virtually) in the fall :wub:
OOP applicant, mountain lassie from BC. Finished undergrad before applying. Have worked in a handful of pharmacies for roughly five years.

2yr oGPA: 3.77
prereq GPA: 2.87. Shit the bed at the start of UG & did pretty trash in MICR, BIOL and PHGY. Took a handful of 300/400 level BCHM and PHAR courses to compensate.

For those of you still waiting, I'm sorry if you feel anxious or stressed. I know it's easier said than done, but please don't lose hope. Best of luck to everyone here. :D

Side note: I am wondering if anyone happens to have any pointers about the rental market for students in Edmonton (specifically, winter sublets or even month to month agreements). If you would like to DM me with any pointers I would be very grateful. Cheers

15 hours ago, concrete_pinata said:

Just got my acceptance this afternoon! Stoked to meet y'all (virtually) in the fall :wub:
OOP applicant, mountain lassie from BC. Finished undergrad before applying. Have worked in a handful of pharmacies for roughly five years.

2yr oGPA: 3.77
prereq GPA: 2.87. Shit the bed at the start of UG & did pretty trash in MICR, BIOL and PHGY. Took a handful of 300/400 level BCHM and PHAR courses to compensate.

For those of you still waiting, I'm sorry if you feel anxious or stressed. I know it's easier said than done, but please don't lose hope. Best of luck to everyone here. :D

Side note: I am wondering if anyone happens to have any pointers about the rental market for students in Edmonton (specifically, winter sublets or even month to month agreements). If you would like to DM me with any pointers I would be very grateful. Cheers

Are you planning on moving to Edmonton even with classes being online this fall?

Hey guys! 

I also got my acceptance letter yesterday! Here are some of my stats:

IP applicant from U of A

pGPA: 3.54

cGPA: 3.60

ECs included sports teams and being an  executive member on various clubs on campus. I was also a research assistant at the U of A last summer.

I am very excited to meet everyone in the program! For those of you still waiting, don’t stress! From my understanding, the application committee is a bit behind this year (compared to previous years).

1 hour ago, PotentialPharmer said:

Hey guys! Do we have a Facebook group yet? 

You will be contacted via email about your class’s Facebook group. It will be put together by the second year class representative and you will be given instructions on how to find the group and how to join. Hope this helps :) 

I got my acceptance yesterday! 

IP applicant from MacEwan University 

cGPA: 3.71

pGPA: 3.65

Volunteered with Habitat for Humanity, coaches a youth basketball team, and went on a foreign mission trip. 

Congrats to all who have been accepted so far! I can’t wait to meet you all :) To those who are still waiting, you’ve got this!! 

18 hours ago, PHARMGIRL2024 said:

Hello guys,

I was just wondering did anyone's application status say admitted but not receive a letter yet? Bear tracks says I am admitted but I did not get any admission letter or anything..

Did you check your launchpad account? That’s where I saw my letter 

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 5:49 PM, peasinpods said:

Hey guys, congrats to everyone that got in so far and hold tight for those who are still waiting! :) I got accepted mid June and paid deposit via online banking but it still shows I haven’t on launchpad. Just wondering if anyone else has been having the same issue? I emailed Anjela about it and she said not to worry as it takes a few days but it’s been a couple weeks now and getting a bit worried lol. Anyways, I’m excited to meet you all this fall!!

Hey I am kinda worried about this too! I paid via TD banking app. Has it updated on launchpad and bear tracks for you by now? This whole 7 day thing is stressing me out, although I know that as long as the payment process has been initiated within the 7 days of receiving acceptance then we should be fine.

7 hours ago, Sun444 said:

Hey I am kinda worried about this too! I paid via TD banking app. Has it updated on launchpad and bear tracks for you by now? This whole 7 day thing is stressing me out, although I know that as long as the payment process has been initiated within the 7 days of receiving acceptance then we should be fine.

I wouldn’t worry! I received my acceptance June 16th submitted my payment that same day and it didn’t update in launchpad until this Thursday (just over three weeks)!! 

Does anyone know if I have to change my program on beartracks for both semesters? So far I’ve changed fall 2020 but it won’t let me change winter 2020.

Also has anyone heard anything from Anjela or the faculty in general after getting their offer and accepting it?

8 hours ago, C_SS said:

I wouldn’t worry! I received my acceptance June 16th submitted my payment that same day and it didn’t update in launchpad until this Thursday (just over three weeks)!! 

Mine updated this Thursday as well and was also accepted June 16! It probably just takes some time, don’t stress too much! :)

14 hours ago, C_SS said:

5 hours ago, peasinpods said:

Mine updated this Thursday as well and was also accepted June 16! It probably just takes some time, don’t stress too much! :)

Ok gotcha! Did you guys try changing programs on bear tracks yet? Bear tracks shows it has received the payment but its not updated on launchpad so I cant switch programs just yet. @PharmD20 How long did it take for your payment to process before you were able to switch programs?

2 hours ago, Sun444 said:

Ok gotcha! Did you guys try changing programs on bear tracks yet? Bear tracks shows it has received the payment but its not updated on launchpad so I cant switch programs just yet. @PharmD20 How long did it take for your payment to process before you were able to switch programs?

Yeah, I switched both fall and winter after the payment was updated! It also allowed me to enroll into the classes after the program switch. They sent me a general email today notifying about course registration but it was from the registrar, not the faculty itself.

9 hours ago, Sun444 said:

It actually only took a day for my payment to be processed but I think I was just lucky with timing!

6 hours ago, peasinpods said:

Yeah, I switched both fall and winter after the payment was updated! It also allowed me to enroll into the classes after the program switch. They sent me a general email today notifying about course registration but it was from the registrar, not the faculty itself.

Hmm ok I guess I’ll email anjela to figure out what’s wrong. Thanks!