Premed 101 Forums

Casper rules and regulation question

Hello,

On the terms and agreement of the Casper website it is mentioned that Altus uses keystroke monitoring as a method of supervision. What does this mean exactly ? As, i was planning to use an External keyboard to my laptop since I can type faster with it and feel more comfortable using it ? Will I still be able to the external keyboard without being accused of cheating ?

Thanks !

1 hour ago, aspiring dentist said:

Hello,

On the terms and agreement of the Casper website it is mentioned that Altus uses keystroke monitoring as a method of supervision. What does this mean exactly ? As, i was planning to use an External keyboard to my laptop since I can type faster with it and feel more comfortable using it ? Will I still be able to the external keyboard without being accused of cheating ?

Thanks !

That's definitely not cheating. :)

8 hours ago, DispIay Name said:

From a technical point of view, an external keyboard is no different when tracking keystrokes. They're probably using it to see if you're copy and pasting from elsewhere.

Out of curiosity can they even know if you re using an external device such as webcam, mouse , keyboard, monitor etc ?

6 hours ago, Monkey D. Luffy said:

I don't think they would know you did that.

Cheating is dangerous territory. They are already aware of all the possible ways! For those who intend to cheat, don’t bother applying for the profession. If you are not competent enough to do it on your own and face the competition, you don’t deserve acceptance. And I’m sure they watch this forum. 

I think you misunderstood my question. I was only implying that the use of devices or items that do not break the terms and agreement should not be a problem such as external keyboards, mouse, etc. However, premade or copypasted answers, use of typing programs etc are considered cheating and therefore Altus has ways to detect them.

21 hours ago, jonathanroy0101 said:

Out of curiosity can they even know if you re using an external device such as webcam, mouse , keyboard, monitor etc ?

No. If you think about a desktop computer, the PC itself doesn't have any equipment (keyboard, mouse, monitor etc.), but are then individually plugged into the corresponding ports to create the usable system. It's the same idea when using external devices with a laptop and its ports.