Premed 101 Forums

UBC DMD 2024 - Interview Invites/Rejections

5 hours ago, PreDMD said:

I think because of the rolling admission procedure change they will continue to send out invites...I know someone that got an invite yesterday. Idk till when they are being sent though..has anyone called to check?

They changed to the US application and had a pre-December interview session but will there be multiple post December interview days?

14 hours ago, 00123456 said:

I have not heard back anything as well

I know someone who got a regrets but it was because she didn't meet the requirements in time due to transferring credits to UBC. I have also tried calling and just get voicemail. I also know a decent amount of people who haven't heard back as well, and i havent seen a single OOP applicant get an interview 

1 hour ago, Dra said:

I know someone who got a regrets but it was because she didn't meet the requirements in time due to transferring credits to UBC. I have also tried calling and just get voicemail. I also know a decent amount of people who haven't heard back as well, and i havent seen a single OOP applicant get an interview 

Im OOP and got an interview few weeks ago

I have also not heard anything so far and I emailed them about it and said that the invites have been out and I have not received anything and said does that mean I have been rejected, then if correct why hasn't been any communication with me about it, and they got back to me and said the application for 2024 is still ongoing, have tried to call them multiple times, always goes to leaving a voice mail. Could people who have not heard anything post their stats?

I begin with myself,

GPA: 4.20/4.33 ( > 90%)

AA: 20, PAT: 19

Has anyone or do you know of anyone who has received a rejection.

2 hours ago, FF20 said:

I have also not heard anything so far and I emailed them about it and said that the invites have been out and I have not received anything and said does that mean I have been rejected, then if correct why hasn't been any communication with me about it, and they got back to me and said the application for 2024 is still ongoing, have tried to call them multiple times, always goes to leaving a voice mail. Could people who have not heard anything post their stats?

I begin with myself,

GPA: 4.20/4.33 ( > 90%)

AA: 20, PAT: 19

Has anyone or do you know of anyone who has received a rejection.

I also sent them an email and got the EXACT same reply lol 
Don't know of anyone getting rejections either. But anyways FYI my stats:

GPA: 81%

AA: 25, PAT: 21

I also have lots of shadowing and other volunteer experiences and good references.

I just hope that they don't hold off the rest of the invites and rejections until after the first round of interviews cause that's almost a month away!

If they are doing rolling admissions like the US there will be frequent interview days every few weeks with invites going out about month before each respective interview. US schools can have interviews going till March or April until their class is solidified. If UBC is doing the same, anticipating when the next round is going to be sent out is going to give you more anxiety than it is worth. Hang tight guys!

3 minutes ago, Lilllly said:

You guys, UBC just emailed me to say that even though im not invited to have an interview on the 29th, they are still processing my file and I should be waiting for an update until April 1st! 

Had anyone else heard from them ?

I just got the same email! Did they just send that to everyone?