Premed 101 Forums

UBC DMD 2024 - Interview Invites/Rejections

18 hours ago, Shae94 said:

That's actually not true. They added so many new things this year in addition to the GPA, DAT and CASPer. They asked for personal statement, extracurriculars as well as at least 2 reference letters! Guessing this is why we haven't heard from them yet.

Yes you are correct, I stated that it WAS the requirements hence whatever else that wasn't was added this year.

Just got an invite a few hours ago as well.

IP

GPA: 82

AA: 23

PAT: 23

Felt like I didn't do too well on casper but I guess it turned out okay. 

10 hours ago, bubby said:

Yes you are correct, I stated that it WAS the requirements hence whatever else that wasn't was added this year.

Just got an invite a few hours ago as well.

IP

GPA: 82

AA: 23

Felt like I didn't do too well on casper but I guess it turned out okay. 

Congrats! I still haven't gotten anything :( gonna be a long weekend...

9 hours ago, PreDMD said:

Does anyone know if those are all the invites? In previous years they would send all rejection and invites in the same day...does that mean they will send out more/rest later on..... considering I haven't heard of any rejections sent yet. 

I would expect more send outs to occur starting Monday again. I don't imagine rejects are going to occur until everyone has a spot. 

hi everyone, congrats to all those who received interview invites already (and best of luck to those who are still waiting)! if any of yall are looking for MMI practice the UBC Pre-Dental Club is hosting a mock MMI session next week (Thursday Jan 30 5-6 pm at ANGU 350) for any pre-dental students wanting to get practice or tips for answering MMI questions. We have a few people who interviewed/were accepted in the September round who will be there to answer any questions. Dm me if you have any questions, hope to see yall there :))

Invite

IP (highschool in BC, uni at ualberta)

GPA: 4.00 at time of application (I don't know how it translates into UBC percentages)

AA: 22

I felt I did really bad at CASPER ( as in I only put one-liners for like 30%-40% of the stations).

Also felt my ECs and reference letters were decent, but  nothing spectacular.