Premed 101 Forums

McGill 2020 DMD Interview Invites/Rejections

On 3/26/2020 at 1:39 PM, lissssssssa said:

Result: Admitted

Pre-req GPA: 3.9

DAT: PAT 20, MDT 5

Feeling out of interview: felt I completely messed up 3 stations, others felt soso. Was convinced I won't get in

IP

Comments: I was holding my phone all morning but I didn't get a phone call  so I was convinced I got rejected or waitlisted. But then it showed up in minerva... I was really surprised

Congrats! 

37 minutes ago, DPH said:

What rank are all the OOP waitlisted and how do you find out? Also if you were a rank < 3 on OOP waitlist, would you have a good chance? 

Your rank is listed on Minerva. Given that last year the OOP waitlist made it to #12 last year, I'd say your changes are really good :)

Result: Waitlist #14

Pre-req GPA: 4.0

DAT: PAT 20, MDT 11

Feeling out of interview: thought it went pretty well, only a few stations felt average and the rest seemed good - but maybe not haha

OOP

Comments: a little disappointed since I thought the interview went well. But it's a tough interview and everyone seemed so great. Last year OOP waitlist got to #12 but the few years before that seemed to only go to around #8 so I'm not holding my breath. :(

For other people asking, last year the IP waitlist only got to #5 but the few years before that they got to anywhere from #11-20!

20 hours ago, DPH said:

At what rank on OOP waitlist do you think you're guaranteed entry? Asking because I dont know if I want to throw down a hefty deposit for another program. 

Last year's OOP waitlist went up to 12 but I don't know what it was in previous years. Hope this helps you somewhat :)

30 minutes ago, abc789 said:

They posted on the website that they made an offer to the 3rd candidate on the waitlist as of April 7. Does anyone know if this is a normal speed for it to move?

last year it moved to 3 on april 4th, so pretty similar.