Premed 101 Forums

McGill M.D.,C.M. Interview Invites / Regrets 2020

DrHmd

**Copied from previous threads**

Hi guys, 

It is that time of the year again and invitations to interview are out. I thought it may be appropriate to start this thread!

TIME STAMP: XX:XX
Result: Invite / Reject
cGPA:
Feeling about Casper:
ECs: 
Year: UG (what year), Masters, PhD 

IP/OOP/International: 

Letter of EC: Yes/No 

Comments (Optional):

Good Luck to all and may the odds be ever in your favor!

TIME STAMP: 10h00
Result:  Reject
cGPA:
Feeling about Casper: no idea
ECs:  ranked around 100 in cv last year round
Year: 1st year, Masters,  

IP/OOP/International:  IP (though I think they made a mistake on this cause i never got a verification email like in 2019 cycle)

Letter of EC: No 

Comments (Optional): ranked 27 out 819 last year . So i am kinda confused.

Is it possible they made a mistake?

14 minutes ago, Med201920 said:

cGPA:

IP/OOP/International:  IP (though I think they made a mistake on this cause i never got a verification email like in 2019 cycle)

I would contact them if I were you, someone on here said they had made a mistake with their application last year but I think for another university. Good luck

I will email them. Because i ranked well last year. I will probably just attached the ranking they sent. Since nothing has changed in my life (literally sent the same application with only 1 scientific publication added to it). My ranking should stay fairly the same. But i have never been asked to proof my residency status which was weird

5 minutes ago, Float.date said:

I would contact them if I were you, someone on here said they had made a mistake with their application last year but I think for another university. Good luck

11 hours ago, Med201920 said:

I will email them. Because i ranked well last year. I will probably just attached the ranking they sent. Since nothing has changed in my life (literally sent the same application with only 1 scientific publication added to it). My ranking should stay fairly the same. But i have never been asked to proof my residency status which was weird

You don't loose anything by emailing them, but applicant pools do change from year to year, and while your's might not have changed others' could have. 

For proof of residency I sent in a birth certificate with the initial application, have never been asked for additional documentation

On 1/24/2020 at 10:41 AM, Med201920 said:

cGPA:

Sorry for the outcome. Some of us are in a similar position. I just realized that they have updated their website to state that Casper could be used to pre-screen (https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/prospective/selection-process). This is totally new to me as I never saw it on their website before, so I have started a survey to verify this. Please visit the survey thread and enter you info here: