Premed 101 Forums

Atlantic Bridge 2020 - Dental School

6 hours ago, Sibase said:

Seems some people got theirs a few weeks ago (First round)!

That’s just so weird. People who posted in this group only 2-3 of them got offers. They have to be given acceptances to way more than 3 people. I know timing changes every year, but it has usually remained consistent around this time period. 

Guess I’m wrong. No worries. Thank you! 

1. Have offers for the 5 year dentistry programs also been sent out already?

2. For the 4-year GED program, was it only UCC that sent out or TCD also? 

3. If you don't meet one or two prerequisites for the GED programs, are you automatically out and will only be considered for the 5 year programs even if the rest of your application is "awesome"? 

I appreciate any input on these questions, thank you! 

13 hours ago, GeoDent said:

1. Have offers for the 5 year dentistry programs also been sent out already?

2. For the 4-year GED program, was it only UCC that sent out or TCD also? 

3. If you don't meet one or two prerequisites for the GED programs, are you automatically out and will only be considered for the 5 year programs even if the rest of your application is "awesome"? 

I appreciate any input on these questions, thank you! 

2. UCC is the only Irish school with a 4y program, Trinity only offers 5s (and from what I remember last year they came out later than UCC)

3. You're not considered for the GED program if you don't meet all of the prerequisite criteria, however, you can apply for exemptions from the 5y program which reduces both tuition costs and workload after the semester starts.

10 hours ago, Anatoly said:

Havent heard anything yet. Has anyone emailed Atlantic Bridge and can update us ? 

I emailed and they responded with: 

"For both UCC second round offers and Trinity first round offers, they will likely go out towards the end of March/early April.
As the schools themselves decide the exact dates, this is only a rough estimate."

So I'm assuming they're going to be sent out later than expected because I was initially told early march .

On 2/27/2020 at 6:20 AM, dental0550 said:

It’s usually before but tbh at this point I don’t even know my name anymore lol nothing is 100% sure with the AB process lol just go with the flow and hope for the best! Good luck 

Just working on my course evaluation form too. I am afraid I may not have covered a topic or two in my undergrad program. Will that count as a demerit on my profile? Does anyone know?

On 3/6/2020 at 10:16 PM, Nothing but the tooth said:

Just working on my course evaluation form too. I am afraid I may not have covered a topic or two in my undergrad program. Will that count as a demerit on my profile? Does anyone know?

The evaluation is to determine if you have enough of a science background to jump into the 4 year program instead of 5 year. If they don't believe you have enough of a foundation, you are automatically considered for the 5 year program. The 5 year program does not use the evaluation as a factor for admissions.

I can't speak to if a couple topics will make or break your chances at the 4 year program.  From my own experience I was able to put a course for every topic, so I know my experience isn't helpful. But at the end of the day it does not effect your chances at the 5 year program at all. I hope that's reassuring

On 3/6/2020 at 8:28 AM, dentalkardash said:

I emailed and they responded with: 

"For both UCC second round offers and Trinity first round offers, they will likely go out towards the end of March/early April.
As the schools themselves decide the exact dates, this is only a rough estimate."

So I'm assuming they're going to be sent out later than expected because I was initially told early march .

So wait anxiously till April  ?  I am surprised at the long gap between first round offers and the second round offers. 

On 2/12/2020 at 9:30 PM, ddBlue said:

Hi everyone!

@dentalkardash when did you submitted your Prior Course Evaluation sheet? AB told me I had to have everything submitted by mid January for first round of offers 

Hopefully I will make the cut for 2nd round of offers:D.. all of my documents have just been sent as of today!

Does anyone know how many graduates are accepted each year for the 4 year program? 

@dental0550 I'm curious too! This is my 2nd time applying ... maybe this will be my year with a smaller applicant pool:P

When you applied last year, were you on the wait list? 

On 3/8/2020 at 10:32 AM, HopefulDDS said:

The evaluation is to determine if you have enough of a science background to jump into the 4 year program instead of 5 year. If they don't believe you have enough of a foundation, you are automatically considered for the 5 year program. The 5 year program does not use the evaluation as a factor for admissions.

I can't speak to if a couple topics will make or break your chances at the 4 year program.  From my own experience I was able to put a course for every topic, so I know my experience isn't helpful. But at the end of the day it does not effect your chances at the 5 year program at all. I hope that's reassuring

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I was able to put down a course for each topic eventually. I really hope I can make it to the 4 year program - keeping my fingers crossed now. 

Hi guys! Also a fellow applicant, submitted my entire application January 29th when I submitted the prior courses form for UCC! Have not heard anything yet from either school, but AB told me the next round is going to be late March, early April.

Only discovered this discussion right now.

On 2/8/2020 at 5:02 PM, LiveLifeToTheMaxillary said:

Hey! I received the email from my officer at Atlantic Bridge; her name is Celina. 

On 3/11/2020 at 1:14 PM, super28 said:

Hi guys! Also a fellow applicant, submitted my entire application January 29th when I submitted the prior courses form for UCC! Have not heard anything yet from either school, but AB told me the next round is going to be late March, early April.

Only discovered this discussion right now.

hey! I have received an intimation putting me on a short waiting list from UCC ( Dental school).  They promised to get back by March 13th. just keeping my fingers crossed.

51 minutes ago, dentalkardash said:

I'm confused. How has there been 3 rounds of offers when I was told 10 days ago there has only been first round offers? Am I missing something?

Trust me, I felt the same way. I'm hoping it was a mistake on her part as I would much rather be in a position where there have only been 1 round of offers and no acceptance than 3 rounds of offers and no acceptance lol. 

hi...I did my bds from India... I have moved to Canada and applying for bcc and trinity college for dentistry I have sent the application but not the transcript and other docs yet. will be able to get in this year into 4 year program ?I didn't had any physics or math in my program but I have taken anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, oral pathology and other health sciences courses. in India we don't have any gpa calculation system. is there any way I can calculate my gpa.thanks....