Premed 101 Forums

Atlantic Bridge 2020 - Dental School

Hey guys so I thought id let everyone know the current situation cause I would have liked to know as well. So currently 4 year cork has that I know of, 18 acceptances thus far. I received mine two days ago. My stats just so everyone can get an idea are: cGPA:3.38, but with the rest of 4th year 3.47. My first year was terrible, second year was a 3.62, 3rd year was a 3.91, and my fourth year is going to finish with a 3.98.

Was able to get into the groove of university really in second semester of second year thus, why my third year and fourth year are so much better. Spent a little too much time partying in first year.

As for extracurriculars, hours of orthodontist shadowing, and spent all last summer doing research on 3D printed dental bridges, and maxillofacial surgery.

For anyone that has applied and has not received an offer yet, goodluck! And if you can take anything away from this, its never too late to get your life together so don't be discouraged if you aren't in yet, or don't get accepted this year.

Keep working hard!

5 hours ago, KeepWorking said:

Hey guys so I thought id let everyone know the current situation cause I would have liked to know as well. So currently 4 year cork has that I know of, 18 acceptances thus far. I received mine two days ago. My stats just so everyone can get an idea are: cGPA:3.38, but with the rest of 4th year 3.47. My first year was terrible, second year was a 3.62, 3rd year was a 3.91, and my fourth year is going to finish with a 3.98.

Was able to get into the groove of university really in second semester of second year thus, why my third year and fourth year are so much better. Spent a little too much time partying in first year.

As for extracurriculars, hours of orthodontist shadowing, and spent all last summer doing research on 3D printed dental bridges, and maxillofacial surgery.

For anyone that has applied and has not received an offer yet, goodluck! And if you can take anything away from this, its never too late to get your life together so don't be discouraged if you aren't in yet, or don't get accepted this year.

Keep working hard!

Congrats!!!!

you are more than GPA, you are human and your mark is not entirely who you are. Be proud of yourself!

also, how do you know there are 18 acceptances so far? Thank you for the update btw.

1 hour ago, dental0550 said:

Congrats!!!!

you are more than GPA, you are human and your mark is not entirely who you are. Be proud of yourself!

also, how do you know there are 18 acceptances so far? Thank you for the update btw.

No worries, and there is just a small facebook group of everyone that has been accepted.

A bit late but I had received an offer to Cork 4 year in the first round. Did not end up accepting though (deadline to accept was back in the end of Feb). GPA was somewhere around 3.8 but improved upon each year (if they even look at that). As for ECs, I have some shadowing but not as much as others. Have been working in clinical research as well and have lots of experience working with children. Personal statement was pretty strong IMO. PM me if you have any questions and good luck to those still waiting :)

On 3/16/2020 at 1:05 PM, ag17 said:

A bit late but I had received an offer to Cork 4 year in the first round. Did not end up accepting though (deadline to accept was back in the end of Feb). GPA was somewhere around 3.8 but improved upon each year (if they even look at that). As for ECs, I have some shadowing but not as much as others. Have been working in clinical research as well and have lots of experience working with children. Personal statement was pretty strong IMO. PM me if you have any questions and good luck to those still waiting :)

x

54 minutes ago, LiveLifeToTheMaxillary said:

Hey! I’m in the same boat. I was accepted. I paid my deposit (10 grand!) yet have decided not to attend. I had a 3.9, lots of ECs (none dental-related) and some research/lab volunteering. 

I hope my seat goes out to one of you! 

Hey, can I ask why you chose to give up the offer even after you paid the deposit? I'm just wondering because I'd like to know why people decided not to attend while I'm trying to make my decision as well. 

2 hours ago, Anatoly said:

Any updates ? anyone get acceptance in the past week ? 

Nothing on my end.

Honestly, if the AB process was all over the place before COVID-19, I can only imagine how crazy it will be now. I honestly just "forgot" I applied for now and just going with the flow.

Just now, Sibase said:

Finished my application on the 10th of January, still no news from Atlantic Bridge.

did they email you once you submitted all your documents saying that they have received everything? I am getting a little bit worried because I heard back from them beginning of January when one of my references were sent but not the other... so now I'm overthinking that my 2nd reference didn't email the correct email or something :unsure:

On 2/27/2020 at 9:38 AM, LiveLifeToTheMaxillary said:

I had to fill this out long before receiving an offer. Maybe they use the sheet to gauge whether you’d be a right fit for the 4 or 5 year program. 

For the course evaluation sheet, do you need to have met the requirements for all courses in order to be accepted into the 4 year GED program?

1 hour ago, dentalkardash said:

Did everyone get the email from UCC saying they are "continuing to process all applications in the usual way"...etc.

Hi. No I did not. This is probably good news! did you receive it directly from UCC or from AB? 

4 minutes ago, dentalkardash said:

Interesting... I received it directly from UCC on letterhead.  I just assumed they would have sent it to all applicants! When did you submit your finished application?

Didn’t receive any email or communication. I got a confirmation of application submission mid-February. 

54 minutes ago, dentalkardash said:

Interesting... I received it directly from UCC on letterhead.  I just assumed they would have sent it to all applicants! When did you submit your finished application?

I finished my application pretty early. I think by November I had everything ready.