Premed 101 Forums

Atlantic Bridge 2020 - Dental School

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys I am planning on applying next year but I wanted to run my "CV" by you guys to see what my chances are. **Constructive criticism welcomed**

What do you guys think of my chances of getting in:

- Done University

- Major: Neuroscience, Minor: Spanish

- 4 years of Academic Neuroscience research, some multi-university/ national cooperative projects

- TA for spanish

- Research assistant job for Neuroscience project

- GPA: 3.29

- International Medical outreach volunteer experienceÂ

- Operation smile ambassador for my university

I know my GPA is killing me but I wanted to know your honest opinion on the chances I would have weighing in my other traits. my plan for this year is to take open study courses to increase my GPA and see if any of my local doctors/dentists are doing any research projects I can jump on to

On 6/30/2020 at 3:07 PM, Toothguy12345 said:

Hey Guys I am planning on applying next year but I wanted to run my "CV" by you guys to see what my chances are. **Constructive criticism welcomed**

What do you guys think of my chances of getting in:

- Done University

- Major: Neuroscience, Minor: Spanish

- 4 years of Academic Neuroscience research, some multi-university/ national cooperative projects

- TA for spanish

- Research assistant job for Neuroscience project

- GPA: 3.29

- International Medical outreach volunteer experienceÂ

- Operation smile ambassador for my university

I know my GPA is killing me but I wanted to know your honest opinion on the chances I would have weighing in my other traits. my plan for this year is to take open study courses to increase my GPA and see if any of my local doctors/dentists are doing any research projects I can jump on to

x

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 9:27 PM, LiveLifeToTheMaxillary said:

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I officially withdrew my offer from UCC so there's a big chance you'll get it. Hang in there friend!

Just wondering as to why you withdrew your spot if you don't mind answering that :) ?

On 8/8/2020 at 5:04 AM, super28 said:

How did TCD contact you? Through atlantic bridge or on their own? Also just wondering if you made any updates to your application in the last 1-2 months? 

I got an email from the admissions officer at Atlantic bridge (Vi Doan). I haven’t made any updates to my application at all, I just submitted my applications on the last day tbh and haven’t done anything else after that. This was the first time I had received any sort of update from them.

On 8/8/2020 at 5:00 AM, Mightychondria said:

I have heard back from TCD today and was placed on a “short waitlist” with a “very good likelihood of a place becoming available”, however I will be withdrawing this waitlist offer so there is still hope guys!! This means there is still lots of movement :)

Hey, I got the same email! What do you think the chances of me getting off the waitlist and getting an offer are?

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

got a rejection from Trinity Dublin this week, still haven't officially heard from the other two I applied to, but i'm pretty sure they already sent their offers a few months ago anyways.

I applied back in April I believe and COVID annihilated my application cause my transcript was stuck in the mail, but I managed to resolve it. Debating on if I should even bother applying again. I'll be writing the DAT in november to compensate for my GPA,.. see what happens 

Anyone else hear back from them?

On 7/16/2020 at 2:55 PM, LiveLifeToTheMaxillary said:

Irish schools are **very** GPA-heavy. I would recommend doing a post-bacc or master's degree to up your GPA a little; I would aim for a 3.50 at least before applying.

Good luck

well that doesn't help at all, Sounds like all Canadian schools especially uofT