Premed 101 Forums

Does anyone have the interview tab on their UCAN application?

2 hours ago, pokemaster said:

Hey guys, a friend of mine has an interview tab on their UCAN application and when I looked I don't. Is this something i should be worried about?

I would guess that this is just a glitch in the system and doesn't mean anything. From Calgary's blog, today is the day that the Admissions Committee receives the files for final approval so it wouldn't make sense that they have the interview offers in the system before they're approved.

EDIT: Alternatively, it could be that a few people have been put into the system as getting offers (the ones seeing that tab) and the rest will be put in over the next few days on a rolling basis. All I'm saying is don't get discouraged if you don't see this yet as none of us know what it means.

I noticed last year they had a similar post to this on this forum and people who didnt have the tab got interviews and some even got accepted. i wouldnt stress it :) some had it in october when they were applying so likely it stayed there since last year if they got an interview. 

the med blog said they will send out invites later this week as the committee meets today. so let's not worry until we get emails about interviews in general. 

good luck everyone :) 

5 minutes ago, burneraccount909 said:

Thanks for the heads up! Was thinking it would be tomorrow as the prior 4 years had all been Tuesdays.

In 2018, I got the invite on Friday January 19th so it hasn't been Tuesdays every year! Hopefully that clears things up further :)

EDIT: Also to further clarify, it is true that I have applied in the past, so the tab could be there for that reason. I did not get an interview last year though.

2 minutes ago, RiderSx said:

In 2018, I got the invite on Friday January 19th so it hasn't been Tuesdays every year! Hopefully that clears things up further :)

EDIT: Also to further clarify, it is true that I have applied in the past, so the tab could be there for that reason. I did not get an interview last year though.

Oh that's my bad, must have read that wrong when I was looking at old posts. Thank you for the clarification!