Premed 101 Forums

Full-Time Volunteer Research Opportunity till Mid to Late Feb

IONO

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

If you are interested in medical technology research, and have some prior research experience this may be something you're interested in. We are in the data analysis phase for a clinical trial of our medical device. The position involves being comfortable with excel and be comfortable doing simple statistical calculations. MOST IMPORTANTLY we are looking for someone who can start ASAP,  moves quick and does have approx. 30-40 hr/week availability until mid to late February.

We are aiming to submit a paper for publication for the aforementioned time range, and there is potential for your name to be included as an author. Message me if interested.

I know us students who require research to achieve our goals (med school or beyond) can put in some crazy hours in labs as volunteers, but is full time volunteer labwork normal? All for the potential of having your name included as an author? That seems crazy to me. How are they expected to pay their living costs? Are you paying for food and board and just the costs of being alive? :huh:

Volunteer full-time hours for the chance to be on a publication? Seems like you're trying to take advantage of desperate premeds. 

From your limited job description, it sounds like you'll be most likely asking them to do pretty basic tasks and you probably already know that it won't be sufficient enough work to result in a co-author publication for the poor, gullible premed. 

I understand the original post was not informative enough to detail what we will be providing(spending stipend). Not alot of thought was put into it as it was something quick i had written up as we needed someone asap. We have filled the position through a different avenue.