Premed 101 Forums

UofA DDS 2024 - Interview Invites/Rejections

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Coco beans said:

Does every qualified in province student get an interview? It seems like there aren’t too many qualified students applying to the u of a. I wonder if any in province students have interviewed with a 45 DAT score.

Not every qualified student gets an interview. I had a 52 DAT score last year and was qualified but got the rejection letter after the interviews were over. I don't exactly know how many of the qualified students get interview honestly but it still needs competitive scores. 

1 hour ago, Wild Rose Country said:

Not every qualified student gets an interview. I had a 52 DAT score last year and was qualified but got the rejection letter after the interviews were over. I don't exactly know how many of the qualified students get interview honestly but it still needs competitive scores. 

Do you mind sharing your GPA? I had a friend that got an interview with a 3.7 and a 46 DAT last year at UAlberta. Maybe there was something else in your application like courses or transcripts?

9 hours ago, Coco beans said:

Do you mind sharing your GPA? I had a friend that got an interview with a 3.7 and a 46 DAT last year at UAlberta. Maybe there was something else in your application like courses or transcripts?

I had a 3.77 gpa and 52 DAT and didn't have any problems with my application. So I'm not sure about your friend. 

My friend wasn’t accepted, but he recieved an interview. Considering that the uofa only looks at DAT and GPA, the fact that you did not receive an interview points to something else. I have no clue as to how many students applied. I’m very anxious because I am definitely on the lower end of things with a 3.75 gpa and a 62 DAT.

Hey guys! Im an OOP applicant and I received an interview. However I'm not too sure how to calculate my exact GPA..

The university I graduated from in Ontario uses letter grades (A+, A, B+, B, etc..) If I want to convert my GPA to a 4.0 scale would I use the OMSAS conversion or the UofA scale where both an A+ and A=4.0??

Thanks in advance :) 

22 hours ago, Mightychondria said:

Hey guys! Im an OOP applicant and I received an interview. However I'm not too sure how to calculate my exact GPA..

The university I graduated from in Ontario uses letter grades (A+, A, B+, B, etc..) If I want to convert my GPA to a 4.0 scale would I use the OMSAS conversion or the UofA scale where both an A+ and A=4.0??

Thanks in advance :) 

Use the U of A scale of A/A+=4.0, I believe that's how our admission averages are calculated. 

Hi guys! I was wondering if any of you know if in the u of a dental MMI we’re allowed to take extra time to plan and not enter the room as soon as the buzzer goes off? Are we able to enter the room a minute later just to have enough time to gather our thoughts? If so, would this negatively affect our interview score?

thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...