Premed 101 Forums

UofT 2020 Applications DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, matchalatte said:

In my opinion, UofT's entire rolling invite system makes no sense. Not only is it illogical, but it's terrible for the mental health of applicants. I'm pretty sure they could tweak their application review system so that all applicants get an interview decision in late Feb and they hold interviews every weekend in late March and early April

10 minutes ago, Himynameis1234 said:

To me it just seems weird that they would hold ALL of us just to all get rejected. Don’t get me wrong I’m def expecting a rejection but I just don’t get the logic. 

Agreed, i don't get the point of delaying the process. They're allowing interviewees to access their online interview platform thing on March 20 so we don't have a chance at even getting a last minute interview lol

3 minutes ago, matchalatte said:

In my opinion, UofT's entire rolling invite system makes no sense. Not only is it illogical, but it's terrible for the mental health of applicants. I'm pretty sure they could tweak their application review system so that all applicants get an interview decision in late Feb and they hold interviews every weekend in late March and early April

HAHAHAHAHA Do you go to U of T? It's probably #235343 out of all universities in terms of student mental health. :lol:

2 minutes ago, ChocolateMed said:

HAHAHAHAHA Do you go to U of T? It's probably #235343 out of all universities in terms of student mental health. :lol:

I was just thinking about this. Every single person I've met has had a horrible time at U of T in terms of academics, school support, collegiality. Idk why I thought maybe the med school would be better? 

Just now, dooogs said:

I was just thinking about this. Every single person I've met has had a horrible time at U of T in terms of academics, school support, collegiality. Idk why I thought maybe the med school would be better? 

It's ridiculous. I learn IN CLASS how bad stress is for you, and then they load us with 4 exams in a week. Who knows? Maybe it's a blessing from God we may be rejected from there. 

On 3/18/2020 at 2:24 PM, dooogs said:

Just now, mcgillmdbd said:

Not for its medical students. U of T actually takes very good care of their medical students.... 

Then why treat people applying like trash? 

2 minutes ago, ChocolateMed said:

It's ridiculous. I learn IN CLASS how bad stress is for you, and then they load us with 4 exams in a week. Who knows? Maybe it's a blessing from God we may be rejected from there. 

Several people have told me this. I'll take my UWO interview and hope for the best