Premed 101 Forums

UofT 2020 Applications DISCUSSION THREAD

4 minutes ago, 88risingsun said:

Nobody hear back today? I called and they said the Mar 28/29 spots are not filled. Must continue into next week I guess... kind of worried because I'm OOP and usually OOP should receive invites well in advance right? Here's to the last grain of hope -_-

I think they're working out the interview logistics before they send more invites... who knows tho :(  

6 minutes ago, MrsAaronSamuels said:

Whew that's actually good news all things considered. Mac canceling all interviews isn't really sitting well

yea i don't feel good about mac - but also i'm worried how in-person interviews already completed are going to be compared to online interviews bc they are different and both have certain advantages/disadvantages 

17 minutes ago, xeep said:

yeah it seems kind of unfair... but i'm guessing they might compare within people who have interviewed and those who have online interviews. can't really compare online interviews to in-person for sure.

I believe that’s more fair as well. 

1 hour ago, TheWayIAre said:

well I've held on hope up to now, but I think that might have been the last wave today, and even if it wasn't, I doubt any future wave is gonna be a big one. Sigh, I wanted Toronto too.

Yeah I think today was probably the last wave. They said they try to send invites at least 2 weeks prior to the interview date, and today is literally the last day to do so. I think any future invites will be due to people cancelling, and I don't think many people cancel

17 minutes ago, matchalatte said:

Yeah I think today was probably the last wave. They said they try to send invites at least 2 weeks prior to the interview date, and today is literally the last day to do so. I think any future invites will be due to people cancelling, and I don't think many people cancel

Idk about this. As much as I am a pessimist and believe that I will be rejected, when I called I was told that interviews will continue to be sent out till early next week. I do agree that it is probably just a few seats left, but I do not think it is only reserved for cancellations. However, we will find out soon enough lol

15 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

Idk about this. As much as I am a pessimist and believe that I will be rejected, when I called I was told that interviews will continue to be sent out till early next week. I do agree that it is probably just a few seats left, but I do not think it is only reserved for cancellations. However, we will find out soon enough lol

I second this. I also called---late in the afternoon, I think right before today's wave was sent. The guy explained that today as well as early next week was to fill up the Mar 28/29 spots. I am hoping this is all related to COVID-19 panic and admins prioritizing other things (i.e. online interviews) over sending all the invites. Oh well guess we will find out soon (but not soon enough :unsure:

2 hours ago, matchalatte said:

I"m not trying to raise your hopes, but you must remember that the calculus has changed. The "2 weeks prior" rule was when there wasn't a global pandemic on our hands. Now there is, so the rule may have changed, because they may have been busy trying to figure out how to deal with this and how to conduct interviews amidst all this. Do I feel confident that I'll get an invite after I have already received no offers from the three other schools that I applied to? No, but do I still think that there are more offers to come? I think so, but I could be wrong

I hate to be a negative nancy but I don't think the admissions committee is even at work right now, much less deliberating the status of our applications. They already have more than enough interviewees to comprise a solid class of students, I doubt they're going to inivite anymore. I've made my peace with a rejection.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

14 minutes ago, TheWayIAre said:

I hate to be a negative nancy but I don't think the admissions committee is even at work right now, much less deliberating the status of our applications. They already have more than enough interviewees to comprise a solid class of students, I doubt they're going to inivite anymore. I've made my peace with a rejection.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I'm thinking the same thing...still not sure why they can't send out rejections though...even a computer can do that for them