Premed 101 Forums

2020 UofT Dental school Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted

1 minute ago, Censored said:

Alright actually, I am not 100% sure on this. Could be either. Best bet is to drop the course if u think it has a potential of going below 3.0

it was unfortunately last semester ugh!!! i'll call on monday to confirm, but based on the term "annual gpa" as well as reading past years forums, it seems to be about the year gpa and not individual course. hopefully this is the case or else im screwed lol

33 minutes ago, Lazerhawk said:

Reject

24 AA

23 PAT

4.3 GPA

Don’t give up. Let yourself feel sad for a minute then try to use this rejection as fuel to reapply again next year. Think about how you could improve your interview next year, your stats are fine. Many people apply multiple times before they get in keep your head up. 

On 2/28/2020 at 6:50 PM, nasar021 said:

it was unfortunately last semester ugh!!! i'll call on monday to confirm, but based on the term "annual gpa" as well as reading past years forums, it seems to be about the year gpa and not individual course. hopefully this is the case or else im screwed lol

I called them to double check and they said your offer is conditional upon a 3.0 average not a 3.0 in every course. 

34 minutes ago, GreyShirt said:

Accepted

GPA: 3.99

AA/PAT: 24/22

interview was very conversational, answers weren't too long/I wasn't rambling on and on

took a gap year

did you receive the acceptance on the 28th? When is the deadline for the deposit?

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, FlyingFlamingo said:

I don't think anyone got it yet. I called them the other day and they said it will be sent in mid April. 

However, I have another question. Do you guys know how will the Pass/Fail grading system that some schools are using now will impact the GPA consideration for UofT? 

Best bet is to ask the school directly but I'm sure they won't have an answer just yet. They will probably be very accommodating as long as you passed all the courses. 

21 hours ago, toothurty said:

Best bet is to ask the school directly but I'm sure they won't have an answer just yet. They will probably be very accommodating as long as you passed all the courses. 

do u know if this will include the pre-requisite courses as well? 

I just wanna know what u guys think cause they haven't responded to my emails regarding the whole corona pandemic situation !!