Premed 101 Forums

Site selection?

md-2200

yes got it too. it says that there are 152 seats in montreal for people admitted with a university degree. How many of those seats are reserved for quebec candidates? i thought i read 76 somewhere but that doesn't make sense. shouldn't quebec residents occupy most of the 152 seats? 

1 minute ago, DrNan said:

Do we know how many IP spots?

So this link https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/categories/roq/md-roq-u still says 76, but they mentioned at the interviews that they are negotiating with the Government to try to allocate approx. 4-10 additional spots given the new campus. From what I understand, for the time being there are roughly 72 spots in Montreal and 4 in Outaouais. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

1 minute ago, giraffe3 said:

So this link https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/categories/roq/md-roq-u still says 76, but they mentioned at the interviews that they are negotiating with the Government to try to allocate approx. 4-10 additional spots given the new campus. From what I understand, for the time being there are roughly 72 spots in Montreal and 4 in Outaouais. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I personally think it’s 88 spots for IP QC. I did the math on one of the above comments, i don’t know if it makes sense 

10 hours ago, DrNan said:

I personally think it’s 88 spots for IP QC. I did the math on one of the above comments, i don’t know if it makes sense 

Listen I'd be thrilled with that but you have to keep in mind we don't know about deferrals (I can't imagine there are 12 from last year, though). Additionally, they said that they aim to attribute between 2-5 seats to the RSPP Pathway (who are also QC University applicants). There are also up to 6 positions for First Nations & Inuit residents of QC (these are shared by the four QC faculties (I'm not sure if they are supernumerary or not). Finally, we don't know if all 70-72 Med-Ps are being promoted (the actual number of Med-Ps admitted in Fall 2019 is inconsistent), which could potentially add seats for QC Uni applicants too.

In terms of site selection, if you put "either, with preference to Montreal" and are waitlisted, does anyone know if a spot opens at Outaouais first, but the person one position behind them on the wait list put "either with preference to Outaouais" how it would work? From what I understand they do admit off the waitlist in small batches, so lets say there are 5 students who decline by the initial deadline, they offer 5 spots off the wait list at the same time, and I would assume they would take into account all 5 of the waitlisted the student's choices, depending on where the spots opened of course, but then would this differ later in the summer when the list shifts by just one spot on occasion? 

Does anyone know if applicants are issued a waitlist position for each campus respectively? 

20 hours ago, lucyNT said:

You have to take into consideration that students that were in the Med-P year are transferring to the MDCM year 1. These spots are included in the 156 total. 

It doesn't exactly work like that. The Med-P students that are tranferring were included in last-year spots. There are 156 new spots, for new students, either entering Med-P or MDCM year 1. The number of spots allocated to college students doesn't necessarily equal the number of students transferring from med-p to year 1.

9 hours ago, Mel96b said:

It doesn't exactly work like that. The Med-P students that are tranferring were included in last-year spots. There are 156 new spots, for new students, either entering Med-P or MDCM year 1. The number of spots allocated to college students doesn't necessarily equal the number of students transferring from med-p to year 1.

I’ve heard the same as well!

23 hours ago, giraffe3 said:

Where are you guys finding the Campus Selection form on Minerva? I can't seem to find it and want to make sure I'm not missing anything! Thanks :)

Just now, giraffe3 said:

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/medical-campus-selection-form

This link is in the list of documents to upload on the application page

Thanks for the link! I'm really sorry (I'm sure I must be missing something obvious) but I still can't figure out where to upload it. It says to submit it under the checklist item "SSMD" but that checklist item isn't present on my Minerva. Super confused right now

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Applicant95 said:

Thanks for the link! I'm really sorry (I'm sure I must be missing something obvious) but I still can't figure out where to upload it. It says to submit it under the checklist item "SSMD" but that checklist item isn't present on my Minerva. Super confused right now

Thanks!

Hey no worries, so it should be in your checklist just above the List of Verifiers that you once uploaded. It's called "site selection medicine" and should have a button to upload the file

Just now, giraffe3 said:

Hey no worries, so it should be in your checklist just above the List of Verifiers that you once uploaded. It's called "site selection medicine" and should have a button to upload the file

Yeah, I definitely don't have that! It just goes from "Proof of Citizenship/Permanent Residence" to "List of Verifiers." Nothing in between. Do you also have a checklist item for the Vaccination form? (because I don't have that either!)

I guess I better call them. Not sure why it's not showing up. Thanks!