Premed 101 Forums

Acceptance letter release date?

I feel you! So when my friend emailed them a question regarding admissions, the automatic reply: 

Thank you for your email and interest in Dalhousie Medical School.

If you applied to Dalhousie Medical School within the 2019/2020 application cycle please note that decision letters for those interviewed applicants will be sent out late March 2020." 

14 hours ago, treasurer said:

I feel you! So when my friend emailed them a question regarding admissions, the automatic reply: 

Thank you for your email and interest in Dalhousie Medical School.

If you applied to Dalhousie Medical School within the 2019/2020 application cycle please note that decision letters for those interviewed applicants will be sent out late March 2020." 

I can now confirm this, unfortunately :( 

I will expect late March, but as @Chels1267 said that won’t stop me from checking my email every hour of the day! After a conversation with some friends that are in the program at dal, there’s also the chance that they put that in the automated email to shun people from asking. Imagine if they said nothing, they would likely get an influx of emails asking for the dates. If they said early March, people would email them panicking if they didn’t get their letter by March 5th. This couuuld be a way to reduce the amount of emails they get from applicants and their level of panic. 

Or maybe we thought too much into it :P

Aside from the early 2018 release date, the acceptance letters have typically come out during the Med1/2 March Break (this year it's the week of March 16-20).  Talking to friends of mine currently in Med 1 & 2, they all seem to have the impression that that will be the case again this year.

I know it's easier said than done, but I won't be overly stressing or obsessively refreshing my email until March 16.  Would definitely urge everyone else to try and have the same mindset to save yourself from the unneeded stress.

4 hours ago, squeekz07 said:

Aside from the early 2018 release date, the acceptance letters have typically come out during the Med1/2 March Break (this year it's the week of March 16-20).  Talking to friends of mine currently in Med 1 & 2, they all seem to have the impression that that will be the case again this year.

I know it's easier said than done, but I won't be overly stressing or obsessively refreshing my email until March 16.  Would definitely urge everyone else to try and have the same mindset to save yourself from the unneeded stress.

Definitely agree with this! I'm in Med 1 and I would say that acceptances will likely come out near the end of our March Break. I just wanted to say good luck to everyone as the date approaches! It's tempting to spend your time over analyzing your interview and what your score might look like but as squeekz said it can bring on a lot of extra stress. I remember the anxiety I was feeling like it was yesterday and what helped the most was just reminding myself there is nothing I can do to make the letters come faster. You have made it this far and that email will come soon enough :D 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Chels1267 said:

I feel you guys, I think sometime next week is when it'll likely happen, but you never know. Also having some issues staying productive, of course the stuff I have to do at work right now is extra boring so that's not helping haha.

If my “sources” are correct I think it will be next week...

But that won’t stop me from checking my email every hour this week :) 

Definitely don't get your hopes up this week and maybe not even next week either. I was emailed a few days ago from them because one of my verifiers was not reached. They wanted another contact for them and said they had to get that by March 9th (yesterday). Hard to imagine a decision coming out this week when they still might be checking references and finalizing things etc. Hopefully next week but it really could be LATE March...