Premed 101 Forums

Acceptance letter release date?

2 minutes ago, Chels1267 said:

That's my concern, I can imagine admin is a bit busy so I don't know how/if that plays in.

My guess is all the adcom meetings  must have been done by now. They are just taking their sweet time with us lol. 

1 hour ago, eye_guy said:

Definitely don't get your hopes up this week and maybe not even next week either. I was emailed a few days ago from them because one of my verifiers was not reached. They wanted another contact for them and said they had to get that by March 9th (yesterday). Hard to imagine a decision coming out this week when they still might be checking references and finalizing things etc. Hopefully next week but it really could be LATE March...

I was curious what they would do if your verifier ghosted the email/didn’t see it...

hope you were able to get someone else to!

9 minutes ago, Chels1267 said:

I meant in relation to COVID-19, I know some electives are being cancelled so I'm not sure if admin (not the adcom) gets involved with that?

That is a real possibility, and if they are still checking verifiers, I could be wrong about adcom being done. 

Just now, DD1 said:

That is a real possibility, and if they are still checking verifiers, I could be wrong about adcom being done. 

If I had to guess, any verifier checks going on now would be ones where the verifier did not respond before their deadline.

Obviously I’m not on adcoms, but I have heard from a few places is that the people who score your application aren’t the ones who select your verifiers. IF this is true my guess is they are completely done scoring, they are just tying up loose ends (like verifiers who were contacted mis February and never responded). This is also a common time of year for people to take time off work, which can also be a factor in delaying decision letters!

56 minutes ago, Anaik said:

If I had to guess, any verifier checks going on now would be ones where the verifier did not respond before their deadline.

I think you are right. My verifier said he never got an email from them (true or not I'm not sure, he is a busy guy). They re-sent the request to him and he was able to complete it thankfully. I'm guessing it was just a loose end as you suggested, but it did surprise me this close to the decision letters!

They said the same last year but they came out Mar 14th. I think it is to deter people from pestering them with calls as well as give them some leeway in case they need a few extra days. I’m expecting next week but wouldn’t be surprised if it were the last week of March....can’t say I’m not getting antsy tho

Lol, the forum last year was way worse. It seemed every day of March went like this: 7-8 am everyone commented into the forum “another day of waiting....anyone hear anything??”, then the posts would taper off around noon as everyone slowly came to the realization that the emails weren’t coming out that day, dead silence in the afternoon, then everyone would show up again next the morning at 8 am, rinse and repeat

6 minutes ago, andnowmywatchbegins said:

Lol, the forum last year was way worse. It seemed every day of March went like this: 7-8 am everyone commented into the forum “another day of waiting....anyone hear anything??”, then the posts would taper off around noon as everyone slowly came to the realization that the emails weren’t coming out that day, dead silence in the afternoon, then everyone would show up again next the morning at 8 am, rinse and repeat

I anticipate that will start up on Monday haha. I remember being part of that last year, they really tricked us the day letters came out, had us all thinking it was over for the day at noon and boom, letters at like 1 or 1:30pm.