Premed 101 Forums

2020 uoft dentistry waitlist

11 hours ago, FlyingFlamingo said:

I am out of province and they haven't provided me with my waitlist ranking... I just got an email saying that they go my waitlist reply slip. Do you think I should ask them?

They give you a ranking right after you submit your reply slip. Maybe give them a call

On 2/28/2020 at 11:52 PM, Coolcoolcool said:

Does any movement happen right after the deposit deadline?

One of my friends got off of the waitlist last year during the last week of March, I'm assuming it doesn't move much though. 

6 minutes ago, themeister said:

Could it be possible that more waitlist movement could occur this year due to the nCoV? It has such a public and economic influence that I'd assume more applicants would be interested in medicine/research

Too late for that to have a meaningful impact, considering med applications were due back in October. It seems the trend over the past few years is moving towards more waitlist movement, especially since they merged OOP and IP. 

On 3/10/2020 at 11:28 AM, Applicant5050 said:

Too late for that to have a meaningful impact, considering med applications were due back in October. It seems the trend over the past few years is moving towards more waitlist movement, especially since they merged OOP and IP. 

I wouldn't say that for sure. In the past the IP waitlist used to consistently reach early 30s where as OOP waitlist would fully clear which was around 7 spots if i recall correctly. 2 years ago the combined waitlist got to the early 30s so less movement overall than in the previous years. Curious to know how much the waitlist moved last year though. 

19 minutes ago, toothurty said:

I wouldn't say that for sure. In the past the IP waitlist used to consistently reach early 30s where as OOP waitlist would fully clear which was around 7 spots if i recall correctly. 2 years ago the combined waitlist got to the early 30s so less movement overall than in the previous years. Curious to know how much the waitlist moved last year though. 

Interesting. Out of curiosity, how do you know precise movement in previous years? Is it posted somewhere?

6 minutes ago, maytheflossbewithyou said:

I wonder if the covid-19 situation would impact the number of people that get off the waitlist. Some med schools have either cancelled or rescheduled their interviews to an online format and Western so far has not given an update on what approach they're taking.

It might, but the med schools/dent schools ultimately will accept the same number of people as any other year. The question is, are the people getting accepted the ones who applied to both med and dent, and would choose med?